The University of Southampton is already one of the top 15 research universities in the UK and has achieved consistently high scores for its teaching and learning activities.
Faculties: We have eight Faculties which cover a huge range of subject areas.
Equality: We are committed to a comprehensive policy of equal opportunities both in employment and for students. Find out more about equality at Southampton.
Watch video: Watch a video overview of the University's highlights.
University Mission Statement
The University of Southampton is a research-led institution in which teaching and learning take place in an active research environment.
We are committed to
- The advancement of knowledge through critical and independent scholarship and research of international significance
- The communication of knowledge in an active learning environment involving staff at the forefront of their disciplines
- The application of knowledge for the benefit of society, both directly and by collaboration with other organisations.
- Freedom to push the frontiers of knowledge forward, within an ethical framework, for the global good of humankind
- Success and ambition for excellence within a professional setting
- Creativity and critical independence
- Inclusiveness which enables all staff, students and potential students to achieve their full potential
- Openness within a caring and supportive working environment