Our vision for 2018 is to be a world-leading university of technology.
How will we work toward achieving our vision?
For us this means embedding and showcasing leading edge IT and other technologies in all disciplines; performing strongly in the disciplines of science, engineering and technology; remaining highly relevant to industry and the professions; and aligning our education and research with relevant national and economic priorities.
Our purpose is to advance knowledge and learning to progress the professions, industry and communities of the world.
To guide our performance and our interactions with each other, with students, our partners and the wider community, we have articulated our values for the first time. Our values in action are:
- Discover and share new knowledge and new ways to lead through our teaching, research, intellectual debate and use of technology
- Engage and collaborate with each other, our students, alumni, partners, professions and communities, locally and internationally
- Empower each other and our students to grow, contribute, challenge and make a difference
- Deliver on our obligations to each other, our students, our partners and communities while maintaining high standards and ethical behaviour
- Sustain our local and global environment, organisational health and our ability to create a positive, viable future
UTS aims to be a leader in collaborative research and a preferred research partner for industry, business, government and the professions. We are committed to supporting our researchers, research students, and industry partners. We achieve this through our administrative structure, multi-institution collaborations and the services we offer.
Find out more about UTS: Research
- UTS Chancellor's Postdoctoral Fellowships — applications for the 2013 round are now closed
- our current research activities
- the research we do
- partnering options
- our staff
- research employment and
becoming a research
student at UTS
UTS adheres to the principles and practices outlined in the Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research.