The University of Sri Jayewardenepura is located in a beautiful setting at Gangodawila, Nugegoda, Sri Lanka, fifteen kilometers away from Colombo. The University is committed to the pursuit and transmission of knowledge through teaching, scholarship and research and active service to the community in an environment which values creativity, freedom of intellectual thought and expression, equal opportunity, fairness and professional growth.
Univeristy of Sri Jayewardenepura was established by the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka under the provisions of Universities Act No 16 of 1978. It is an autonomous university established under the provisions of this Act and the following subsequent amending Acts.
Academic and administrative functions of the University as well as policy planning are taken by the Official Boards empowered under the University Act. The Administrative Council, Senate, Faculty Boards, and Post-graduate Academic Boards are the Officials Boards of the University.
- Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce
- Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Faculty of Applied Science
- Faculty of Medical Sciences
- Faculty of Graduate Studies
Journals & Proceedings
- Journal of Computer Science
- Journal of Tropical Forestry and Environment
- Proceedings of Annual Scientific Sessions of Faculty of Medical Sciences
- Proceedings of International Conference on Business Management
- Proceedings of International Conference on Humanities and Social Sciences
- Proceedings of International Forestry and Environment Symposium
- Proceedings of International Polymer Science and Technology Symposium
- Sri Lankan Journal of Human Resource Management
- Sri Lanka Journal of Real Estate
- Vidyodaya Journal of Science