The Cell Stress Society International began to function as a society in January, 1999. The society, which has approximately 230 members, operates according to by-laws approved by the members. The Society is open to any qualified researcher investigating stress responses using molecular and cellular approaches, or bridging from the molecular and cellular level to organismal biology including studies of natural populations and to clinical and environmental applications. The society promotes collaboration among the various fields of stress research, international scientific cooperation, and public awareness.Full members of the society receive Cell Stress & Chaperones journal. All members have access to our latest content on SpringerLink.
Aims of the Society
- Promote the organization of conferences related to stress response research.
- Support the publication and dissemination of related journals and monographs (for example, we anticipate a special Society subscription rate for ‘Cell Stress & Chaperones‘ journal).
- Promote the clinical and industrial applications of basic research in the field.
- Establish a cellular stress response forum on the internet.
- Provide support for fellowships and training of talented young scientists in the field.
- Establish cooperation with other related societies.
- Inform the public of the goals and major advances in stress response research.