The Center for Race and Gender (CRG) is an interdisciplinary research center at the University of California Berkeley that fosters explorations of race and gender, and their intersections. CRG cultivates critical and engaged research and exchange among faculty and students throughout the university, between the university and nearby communities of color, and among scholars in the Bay Area, in the US, and around the globe.
CRG engages in the following activities:
- Enhances and sustains student research by providing grants to support their research projects, hosting a dissertation writing group and retreats, and organizing bi-weekly forums to spotlight emerging work
- Enhances faculty research by providing a platform for advanced scholarship including forums, symposia, conferences, and institutes
- Bridges research, culture, and community by supporting engaged community-based research projects and artistic works open to the public
- Builds relationships among local, national, and international scholars by organizing major events designed for scholarly exchange
- Sustains on-going research projects through hosting working groups and cutting edge projects, such as the Islamophobia Research & Documentation Project
- Provides a multimedia platform for research development, including a biannual newsletter and an interactive website featuring audio and video recordings of events
Programs & Opportunities
The Center for Race & Gender cultivates critical and engaged research and exchange among faculty and students throughout the university, between the university and nearby communities of color, and among scholars in the Bay Area, in the US, and around the globe.
Explore the links below to learn more about CRG research initiatives, research working groups, the on-going Thursday Forum Series that spotlight emerging research by local faculty, and information about grant opportunities for UC Berkeley undergraduate and graduate students research and creative projects.
Donate to CRG
Your financial support provides much-needed funding to undergraduate and graduate students pursuing groundbreaking interdisciplinary research projects, community partnerships, and social justice projects of local and international scope. Learn more about how to make a gift to CRG by clicking here.