The Air Transport Research Society (ATRS) was launched as a special interest group of the World Conference on Transport Research Society (WCTR) during the 7th Triennial WCTR Conference at Sydney in 1995.
The objectives of the society are as follows:
- To help organize and expand the air transport related sessions at the WCTR Conferences; to attract more people from airlines, airports, governments, research institutes and academia to the WCTR Society and its activities;
- To exchange research ideas and results via more frequent symposia, conferences or regional meetings than the WCTR Conference can provide via its main conferences every three years;
- To enhance research capability for truly multi-national and multi-disciplinary issues on air transportation. For example, good research on the globalization of airline industry requires expertise in various disciplines (economics, engineering, law, management, operations, planning and others) as well as good knowledge of the international, regional, and national institutions and regulations related to air transportation;
- To interact with various international and national institutions which deal with policy and/or infrastructure issues concerning international aviation. Examples include the International Air Transport Association, the International Civil Aviation Organization, the World Trade Organization, the European Commission, the Pacific Economic Cooperation Council, etc.
- To eventually provide forums to facilitate the exchange of ideas for forming multi-national and/ or multi- disciplinary research teams to investigate topics of world- wide or continental interest.
The ATRS is headquartered at the University of British Columbia (UBC) Vancouver, BC, Canada. Its network of researchers, economists, consultants and professionals sitting as committee representatives is vastly expanding around the globe.
Please contact us through email should you feel qualified and possess the necessary credentials, commitment, interest, access to a local/regional network of like minded individuals, and knowledge to make a positive contribution in advancing the society's mandate in your part of the world.
Visit the complete list of members at ATRS website.