The Faculty of Computer and Mathematical Sciences (FSKM) Universiti Teknologi MARA – founded in 1966 – currently offers BSc, MSc. And PhD degrees through its seven academic centers:
- Computer Science
- Computer Technology and Networking
- Information System
- Information Technology
- Statistics and Decision Science
- Actuarial Science
The aim of these programs is to provide students with a general background in their respective areas of specialization and to equip them with the relevant knowledge and skills by using the state-of-the-art technology to meet the rapidly changing demands of a modern society. In keeping with the university’s mission, this faculty is committed in providing high quality programs of study with inputs from experts from various industries.
- To be the Centre of Excellence for Research and Education in the field of Information Technology and Quantitative Sciences
- To fulfill UiTM’s mission by strengthening, improving and creating research and learning activities in the field of Technology and Quantitative Sciences.
- To develop a curriculum that is in congruent with the National requirements.
- To develop students who are with good moral values, with a sense of competition and professionalism in Technology and Quantitative Sciences.
- To improve professionalism among the academic staff through teaching, learning activities, research and consultancy.
- To create an organisation with quality management culture as a whole.
- To improve rapport and cooperation with the industry and with other institutes of higher learning locally and abroad.
- To practise global approach in internalizing technology and quantitative sciences.
- To equip the Faculty with an up-to-date technology.