The UNIA is a Public University part of the Andalusian University System, open, focusing on graduate studies, committed to the development of its surroundings, with a will to cooperate at international level and in solidarity terms, especially with Latin America and the Maghreb, which meets with quality, quickness, flexibility and innovative guidance the emerging challenges of modern society in the different fields of science, technology, culture and arts.
Vision. 2010 Horizon
A University committed to the principles and objectives of cooperation
- A University of reference in international cooperation, especially in Latin America, Northern Africa and the Mediterranean basin.
- A University with a string international presence, which diversifies its activities to perform solidarity-based cooperation.
- A University that cooperates with other Universities and is capable of setting up and promoting university exchange and collaboration networks.
A University for culture and innovative thinking
- A space open to different forms of culture, knowledge and cooperation, which structures itself as a permanent forum for discussion and exchange of ideas, and that is acknowledged in its surroundings for its excellence in the production and dissemination of knowledge and culture.
- University that promotes discussion and research on contemporary thinking and art.
A flexible, dynamic, agile and appropriate University
- A flexible University capable of adapting to social changes and that focuses on quality in all of its academic proposals, committed to ongoing evaluation and
- A University committed to the application of new technologies in all its management aspects.
- A University whose staff, highly trained and motivated, participates and is involved in the overall objectives of the Institution.
A University for graduate education and new technologies
- A University oriented to the implementation of graduate studies within the Andalusian university system.
- An Institution with an international and solidarity-based focus, promoting higher education and research in developing countries.
- A University of reference in the use of new technologies and technological innovation fundamentally applied to virtual education for professionals.
- A University capable of bringing together its former students and alumni, keeping its links with them, promoting their collaboration and getting them involved in its activities.
A University for the progress of its surroundings
- An Institution with fluent communication mechanisms with other institutions, organizations and citizen groups in its surroundings.
- A University that without forgetting its international focus, promotes collaboration with local entities and stakeholders, according to its clear public service compromise by and for Andalusians.
- A University that promotes technological innovation and supports research lines and projects with a strategic interest for its surroundings.
- A University committed to multi-culturality and human rights, targeting its resources as to collaborate in the education of citizens in order to build a fairer and more egalitarian and tolerant society.
- A University involved in the innovation and modernisation process of its surroundings, keeping its commitment to the economic and productive fabric of Andalusia.
Research at UNIA
Coordinated research at the UNIA - Involvement in its surroundings
The Universidad Internacional de Andalucía provides support to researchers so that they can implement high quality projects linked to its postgraduate programmes and preferential theme lines. This activity is carried out mainly in collaboration with other Universities, Research Centres, Institutions and Firms.
The purpose of UNIA’s research policy is to facilitate the mobility of students enrolled in its postgraduate programmes, as well as to promote it in developing countries by means of cooperation projects.
In order to articulate these objectives the UNIA has got two Specialised Centres: the Andalusian Centre for Rural Development Studies (CAEDER), located in the Antonio Machado Campus in Baeza, and the Andalusian Centre for Ibero American Studies (CAEI) located in the Santa Maria de La Rabida Campus. The objective of the CAEDER is to implement study, education and research programmes connected with the different elements with and impact on Rural Development, especially within the framework of the Autonomous Community of Andalusia, whereas the CAEI coordinated and promotes cooperation in academic matters and research with Latin America.