Trinity College builds on its four-hundred-year-old tradition of scholarship to confirm its position as one of the great universities of the world, providing a liberal environment where independence of thought is highly valued and where staff and students are nurtured as individuals and are encouraged to achieve their full potential.
The College is committed to excellence in both research and teaching, to the enhancement of the learning experience of each of its students and to an inclusive College community with equality of access for all. The College will continue to disseminate its knowledge and expertise to the benefit of the City of Dublin, the country and the international community.
Facts and Figures
- Trinity College Dublin is recognised internationally as Ireland’s premier university and is ranked in 52nd position in the top 100 world universities and 14th position in the top 200 European universities by the QS World University Rankings 2010. In the Times Higher Education World University Rankings for 2010 TCD is ranked 76th in the top 200 world universities and 15th in the top European universities.
- The University of Dublin, Trinity College was founded in 1592.
- There were 16,807 registered students in 2009⁄10.
- In 2008/09, TCD secured €89.7m in research income.
- There are over 92,005 alumni.
- Find your way around the Trinity campus using TCD Virtual Tour.
- See further information in the Facts and Figures websites.