The Ioffe Institute is one of Russia’s largest institutions for research in physics and technology with a wide variety of operating projects. It was founded in 1918 and run for several decades by Abram F. Ioffe. So it is quite natural that the Institute bears the name of this outstanding scholar and organizer.
The Institute is affiliated with the Russian Academy of Sciences.
- Centre of Nanoheterostructure Physics: Laboratories, Research areas
- Division of Solid State Electronics: Laboratories, Research areas
- Division of Solid State Physics: Laboratories, Research areas
- Division of Plasma Physics, Atomic Physics and Astrophysics: Laboratories, Research areas
Division of Physics of Dielectric
Databases, Archives and Catalogs
Databases developed and maintained by the Sector of Theoretical Astrophysics.
- Electron Scattering in Solids
- New Semiconductor Materials: Characteristics and Properties
- Observational data from spacecraft boards
Competition Prizes of the Institute
Every year a scientific competition is held in the Institute. Detail information about Competition prizes present in English.