The Midwest Finance Association (MFA) is dedicated to developing and disseminating information on the finance discipline to members and other interested individuals through annual professional meetings.
Board of Directors 2013 – 2014
Chair of the Advisory Board Elijah Brewer III, DePaul University
- President: Iraj Fooladi – Dalhousie University
- President-Elect: Jean Helwege – University of South Carolina
- First Vice-President (Program Chair): Laurence Booth – University of Toronto
- Second Vice-President: Tom Nohel – Loyola University
- Executive Director: Beverly Frickel – University of Nebraska-Kearney
- Vice President of Membership: Seyed Mehdian – University of Michigan-Flint
- Academic Directors: Ramon DeGennaro – University of Tennessee, John Wald – University of Texas at San Antonio, Jon Garfinkel – University of Iowa, Ann Sherman – DePaul University, Robert Chirinko – University of Illinois at Chicago, Bonnie Van Ness – University of Mississippi
- Institutional Directors: Wendy Pirie – CFA Institute, Michael Sebastian, Hewitt Ennis Knupp, Douglas Evanoff – Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
Quarterly Journal of Finance
Introduced by the MFA in 2011, the Quarterly Journal of Finance intends to publish high-quality papers in all areas of finance, including corporate finance, asset pricing, financial econometrics, international finance, macro-finance, behavioral finance, banking and financial intermediation, capital markets, risk management and insurance, derivatives, quantitative finance, corporate governance and compensation, investments and entrepreneurial finance.
- Aim and Scope and Editorial Board
- Manuscript Submission Guidelines and Author Rights
- Order the QJF or Contact the QJF
- Submit Manuscript Online
- Pay Manuscript Submission Fee
Outstanding Paper Award Cash Prize
To further promote the Quarterly Journal of Finance (QJF) as a flagship journal of the finance community, the Midwest Finance Association and World Scientific Publishing Company are proud to announce the establishment of the Best QJF Paper Award with an annual cash prize of USD 5000 for the outstanding published paper, starting with the 2013 volume. The decision about the award will be made by the Editor-in-Chief in consultation with members of the Editorial Board and MFA Board of Directors. The recipient(s) of the award will be announced in the first issue of the journal of the following year as well as at the Annual Meeting of the Midwest Finance Association.