JOS, Jordan Oncology Society was founded in Amman in 1993, as a society of individual members working in the field of Oncology.
Members of the society include professionals who share the common goal of providing optimal care to all cancer patients (Medical, Radiological, and Surgical Oncology) and subspecialties.
- Our mission includes providing opportunities for educational and professional development of our members, to accomplish this goal. JOS conducts several lectures throughout the year, and International conferences every two years.
- Establish relationship, and cooperation with international, regional and national societies in the field of oncology.
- Encourage activities between the various disciplines of medical employees and employees of various Oncology Jordanian Society and the various workers in this area to raise the scientific level and encourage research and studies in this area.
- Hold periodic meetings to present the results of scientific research and conferencing local, Arab and international exchange of experiences with medical associations rather locally and in the Arab and internationally.
- Contribute and participate actively in the development of public policies for prevention, early detection and treatment of Oncology.
- Publication of scientific specialized area of tumour diagnosis, treatment and research.
- Working to develop and strengthen linkages and relationships between social and scientific affiliates.