The International Network for Economic Research (INFER) is the non-profit organisation supporting science and research in all areas of economics. Researchers and practitioners from all fields of economics can become an INFER member.
INFER in particular encourages young researchers to present and publish their research. It also aims to stimulate networking activites amongst scholars working in the same field and to facilitate the dissemination of new ideas.
INFER pursues this aim by:
- annual conferences,
- working groups,
- research newsgroups and
- the provision of international forums for discussion between researchers as well as practitioners.
INFER members may join one of the following working groups in order to meet and conduct research with members interest in the same area:
- Bounded Rationality in Economics and Finance
- Economic History and History of Economic Thought
- Economics and Social Sciences
- Growth and Business Cycles
- International Economics
- Macroeconomics and Monetary Policy
- Public Economics, Regulation & Competition Analysis
- Regional Economics and Economic Geography
Moreover, members are welcome to found new working groups based on mutual interests. To join a particular working group, you only need to sign up as an INFER member. In case you would like to have more information about a particular working group, please do no not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
INFER offers members the possibility to publish their research on a whole ranges of economic issues. The following are INFER’s current publication opportunities:
INFER working papers
…on any topic of interest, the copyright stays with the author.
- Current Issues in Economic Research, published by INFER
- INFER Advances in Economic Research with Edward Elgar (copyright transfer to Edward Elgar)
- Journal of Economic Policy Reform
- International Economics and Economic Policy
- International Journal of Public Policy
- International Journal of Finance
- International Journal of Economic Issues
- Applied Economics Quaterly
- Economic Research Guardian
- Revue d’Etudes Régionales et Urbaines
ER Best Paper Award
An INFER best paper award is awarded since 2007 for the best paper presented at the Annual Conference by a young economist under the age of 30. Moreover, since 2012 INFER awards a Joint Research Prize for the best jointly writen paper by at least one INFER member.