With over 4,000 members, the International Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language (IATEFL) is one of the most thriving communities of ELT (English Language Teaching) teachers in the world.
IATEFL works with over 100 Teaching Associations worldwide to promote professional cooperation in ELT and maintain an international network of support and communication.This gives IATEFL Associates and their members the opportunity to join forums and link up with English language educators around the world.
Through this network ELT teachers can share best practice, develop their skills and raise standards in English language teaching and learning.
Our mission to "Link, develop and support English Language Teaching professionals" worldwide is achieved through:
- Regular publications, including six copies of our magazine IATEFL Voices and a free conference selections publication.
- The Annual International Conference with an extensive programme of talks and workshops, which attracts over 2,000 delegates.
- Fourteen Special Interest Groups to help teachers develop their own lines of interest.
- Reduced rates on a number of selected professional journals.
- Funding support through Scholarships so that deserving teachers can get involved in our Annual Conference, SIG events and online courses.
- Links with Teachers' Associations in other countries for teachers to share knowledge and experience.
- Assistance in helping new groups to establish their own a local Teachers' Association, including advice on how they can make the most of support and funding benefits.