Mission – What do we stand for?
Graz University of Technology is an important university in the international research and education network of engineering and science. It is rich in tradition and future oriented in equal measure, with a claim to excellence in its top fields. Based on scientific bachelor’s programmes, it concentrates on research-oriented master’s and PhD programmes.
Graz University of Technology produces top performers and managers much in demand and contributes to the sustainable development of society, economy and environment in a responsible way.
Vision – Where are we aiming?
- In its areas of excellence, Graz University of Technology counts among the top 10 European universities.
- It cultivates a well-balanced relationship between basic and applied research.
- Its expertise makes it a preferred co-operation partner of industry and business.
- The master’s and PhD programmes of Graz University of Technology are very much in demand internationally.
- Graz University of Technology is significantly increasing the achievement potential and attractiveness of Styria as a location for technology, science and education, and sees itself as a gateway to Southeastern Europe.
- Its family and women-friendly orientation and its diversity management make it a desirable employer.
- Graz University of Technology has a strong alumni network for mutual support and advancement.
Principles of Graz University of Technology
The principles of Graz University of Technology go to form the basis and guidelines which find special consideration in our daily work and association with each other.
- We are an achievement-oriented community of researchers, teachers, students, staff and alumni who work in an open and innovation-oriented atmosphere of intellectual freedom and responsibility.
- Our research and teaching results are a valuable commodity which we create and make use of as efficiently as possible – both economically and scientifically.
- We are committed to achievement and its evaluation in an inspiring environment full of creativity with equal opportunities for all.
- Our organisation in the field of research and teaching is as decentralised as possible, and in the field of “services and central administration” as centralised as is necessary.
- We create an atmosphere of belongingness, partnership and solidarity with respect to Graz University of Technology.
- We actively communicate with the public about our achievements.
- We are aware of ourselves as a role model and feel committed to it.
Top-class basic research, applied research and research-oriented teaching at Graz University of Technology testify to the enormous productivity and motivation of this university situated in the heart of Europe. Graz University of Technology is positioning itself and making a name for itself in the Central European research area as a trendsetter. It also co-operates with partner universities and extra-university facilities within the framework of international networks. Establishing excellent contacts with industry and the business world are an everyday activity at Graz University of Technology.