The European Marketing Academy (EMAC) is a professional society for people involved or interested in marketing theory and research established in 1975. The purpose of the European Marketing Academy is to provide a society for persons professionally concerned with or interested in marketing theory and research. Its aims are to serve as the core of a communication network for disseminating information and promoting international exchange in the field of marketing.
At present, the Academy has over 1000 members from more than 57 different countries in all five continents.
Do you teach? Do you engage in research? Do you want to be kept informed about advances in the area of marketing?
Join the European network of professional people involved in marketing research and teaching today!
- Newsletter: In order to keep the EMAC membership informed of its activities as well as other happenings in the field, the Academy publishes the online EMAC Newsletter. Apart from conveying information on trends in the field, the Newsletter is also a “clearinghouse” for the dissemination of information on on-going and completed research, teaching material, job vacancies,…
- The Chronicle: EMAC’s bi-annual publication aims at informing our members, potential members and stakeholders about our activities. It also provides some insightful views of what is happening in the Marketng discipline.
- International Journal of Research in Marketing (IJRM): EMAC edits this international, double-blind peer-reviewed journal for marketing academics and practitioners. Building on a great tradition of global marketing scholarship, IJRM aims to contribute substantially to the field of marketing research by providing a high-quality medium for the dissemination of new marketing knowledge and methods.
- Journal of Marketing Behavior (JMB): In 2014, EMAC will begin publishing this new behavioural journal, which publishes theoretically grounded research into human behavior in the marketplace.
Why join EMAC?
- You become a member of a global network of people involved in marketing research and teaching.
- You are cordially invited to attend the EMAC Annual Conference and EMAC Regional Conference that are held in a different European country every year.
- You automatically receive the 4 issues of the International Journal of Research in Marketing (IJRM), the official journal of EMAC. Through the IJRM you will also receive the International Abstracts in Marketing which reviews research published in languages other than English.
- You also have access to IJRM online with online archive going back to the first volume of IJRM published in 1984
- You will have exclusive access to the privileged For EMAC Members Only area of the EMAC website, where:
- you have access to the EMAC Annual and Regional Conferences proceedings
- you receive electronically the monthly EMAC E-Newsletter and the yearly EMAC Chronicle. You can read past issues of the EMAC Newspage and Chronicle that have information on events, people and publications in the marketing field;
- you are entitled to make professional announcements such as job offers, job requirements, research collaboration guidelines, etc. on the EMAC Online Job Market on the EMAC website;
- you are able to search the EMAC Membership Directory which lists the names and addresses of colleagues in marketing throughout the world;
- you can consult the current EMAC Statutes.