The European CanCer Organisation exists to:
- Uphold the right of all European cancer patients to the best possible treatment and care.
- Promote interaction between all organisations involved in cancer research, education, treatment and care at the European level.
- Provide the unifying voice of European Societies representing professionals in oncology and proactively engage with policy makers in driving oncopolicy in Europe.
ECCO aims at being “the” driving European force in multidisciplinary and multiprofessional oncology.
The ultimate goal is to raise awareness and improve prevention, diagnosis, treatment and care of cancer patients by:
- Providing the premier European multidisciplinary and multiprofessional oncology meeting with latest practice changing clinical data and high quality basic and translational science;
- Integrating the multidisciplinary and multiprofessional community;
- Encouraging progressive thinking in advancing policies that affect oncology.
The European CanCer Organisation Lifetime Achievement Award
The ECCO Lifetime Achievement Award honours individuals who have made an outstanding contribution to the fight against cancer, by impacting the cancer field or the cancer professional community, and by demonstrating a lifetime commitment to progress against cancer.
The European CanCer Organisation Clinical Research Award
The ECCO Clinical Research Award is conferred in recognition of an outstanding international contribution to the integration of scientific research and clinical practice in the field of cancer.
The Pezcoller Foundation – ECCO Recognition for Contribution to Oncology
The Pezcoller Foundation – ECCO Recognition for Contribution to Oncology rewards one single individual for his/her professional life dedication to the improvement of cancer treatment, care and research.