The University of Information Technology (UIT) was established on 08 June 2006 according to the decision no 134/2006/QĐ-TTg of Prime Minister. UIT is based on the Center for Information Technology Development (CITD) and will open the first school year in October 2006.
UIT is the member of the Vietnam National University, Ho Chi Minh City (VNU-HCM). It is charged in training the IT high quality human resource, contributing enthusiastically to the development of information technology as well as promoting scientific research and technology transfer, especially focusing on applications contributing to the development of the industrialization and modernization of country.
- Producing a well-qualified IT manpower
- Furthering training to undergraduate and graduate students
- Producing a high quality manpower that achieves regional and international standards for IT industry and major economic zones by applying advanced training methods along with researches on advanced engineering transfer.
The training program includes undergraduate program and graduate program (BS, MS. and Ph.D.) with a variety of training objectives:
- Undergraduate program: Students are well equipped with knowledge of IT, practical skills, capability to catch up with the development of sciences and technologies, the implementation; and capability to communicate in English. Students are also trained to gain political dignity, morality and work for people’s sake.
- Graduate program: Learners of Master’s courses are expected to handle theory, be well equipped with practical skills, have capability to solve problems related to IT.
- Ph. D’s are also expected to handle theory, be well equipped with practical skills and more importantly, capability to insight into and solve the problems, creativity and ability to work as a research co-operator and do IT projects.
University of IT (UIT) has conformed to the standard of digitalization.
UIT aims to provide professional human resources for our IT industry through progressive training courses for undergraduates in this field. IT is applied to the fullest extent in the process of teaching and learning, together with revolutionary changes in both the contents and methodologies so as to meet the growing demands of reality. Students being able to use English efficiently is also a prime goal of the courses. We currently have five speciality of training:
- Computer Sciences
- Computer Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Computer Networks and Communications
- Information Systems
UIT provides advanced training courses, through joint programs with leading research institutes in the region and the world, for graduates to obtain a master’s or doctorate in IT. Training activities are organized in association with laboratories and research teams, IT development programs, and projects at national, regional and international levels.
In accordance with the national curriculum developed by the Ministry of Education and Training in 2004, supplementary subjects are built to help students get a firm grasp of advanced technologies. These subjects are passed to students through strong cooperation with top companies in IT such as IBM, Microsoft, CISCO, and SunJava. On finishing their studies, students are granted international certificates.
UIT continuously makes great efforts to develop and perfect course books, knowledge bases with substantial, regularly updated learning resources. There are intensive English courses based on international standards to help students master the language when they graduate. We also make use of advanced IT training programs designed by international universities and IT course books written in English.