The 2014 Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition of the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE) will be held on October 20 – 23, 2014 in Hollywood, Los Angeles at the Loews Hollywood Hotel.
SMPTE 2014 is THE premier annual event for motion imaging and media technology, production, operations and the allied arts and sciences.
JOIN US and network with the elite and world-renowned technology thought-leaders from motion picture studios, broadcast and distribution networks, production and post-production community, software companies, systems integrators, manufacturers, display technologies, distribution providers, over-the-top providers and others leading the evolving motion imaging industry. SMPTE 2014 offers three days of highly technical sessions, a high-tech exhibition hall and unparalleled networking opportunities – network with the experts you need to meet.
Pre-Conference Symposium: Making Do with More – The Next Generation Workflow Explored
Let’s get this straight — you want more resolution, more contrast, more color, more frames, higher screen brightness, and more objects with your sound, and you want the work to just flow? On Monday, 20 October, HPA and SMPTE will tell you more. The Next Generation workflow explored — Join us.
- Harvey Arnold – Corporate Director of Engineering, Sinclair Broadcast Group, U.S.
- Prof. Corey Carbonara – Professor of Film and Digital Media, Communication Studies Department, Baylor University, U.S.
- Conference Chair: Paul Chapman – FotoKem, U.S.
- Jim DeFilippis – Consultant, U.S.
- Siegfried Foessel – vice president, FKTG, Germany
- Patrick Griffis – Executive Director (Technology Strategy), Dolby Laboratories, U.S.
- Prof. Michael F. Korpi – Professor of Film and Digital Media, Baylor University, U.S.
- Al Kovalick – Principal Member and Founder, Media Systems Consulting, U.S.
- Sara Kudrle – Product Marketing Manager for Monitoring and Control, Grass Valley, U.S.
- Pete Putman – Kramer Electronics USA, U.S.
- Jenny Read – Associate Professor, Institute of Neuroscience, Newcastle University’s, U.K.
- Kevin Stec – VP of Image Technology Research, Dynamic Digital Depth, U.S.
- Richard Welsh – co-founder and CEO, Sundog Media Toolkit Ltd., U.S.
- Jerry Whitaker – Secretary of the Technology and Standards Group, U.S.