We are delighted to inform you that the Singapore National Eye Centre will be celebrating its 25th anniversary this year. One of the highlights is the International Meeting which will be held at Suntec Convention and Exhibition Centre from 22 – 24 May, 2015. This will be a landmark occasion and event for SNEC.
The meeting is expected to attract over 1,500 participants from the region and beyond attending the 4-day conference featuring keynote lectures, master classes, the latest advances and updates delivered by the SNEC faculty together with invited speakers from USA, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region. We will also be honouring the late Professor Arthur Lim who passed away in August with the Arthur Lim Memorial Symposium and Lecture. Prof Lim was SNEC’s Founding Medical Director and Founding Chairman of the Singapore Eye Research Institute. He is regarded as a leader in ophthalmology and mentor to several generations of ophthalmologists in the Asia-Pacific region.
A special clinical symposium in collaboration with Duke (USA) Eye Centre is also being planned as part of the SNEC Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences Academic Clinical Program (ACP) to advance our Academic Medicine mission.
The meeting theme will feature the most impactful developments in ophthalmology in the last 25 years while looking ahead for new trends and innovations in the next 25 years. This will include innovations by the SNEC and the Singapore Eye Research Institute since our inception. Other highlights will include master-classes, wet-labs, sub-specialty symposia and live surgery demonstration showcasing the comprehensive range of eye subspecialties in the SNEC including Cataract, Cornea, Glaucoma, Neuro-Ophthalmology, Ocular Inflammation & Immunology, Oculoplastics, Paediatric Ophthalmology & Strabismus, Refractive Surgery and Vitreo-Retina.
There will also be dedicated programmes for nursing, allied health professionals and eye hospital management courses organised by the SNEC and the World Association of Eye Hospitals.
- Prof Donald Tan – Arthur Lim Professor in Ophthalmology, Duke-NUS Graduate School of Medicine
- Prof Graham Barrett – President, Asia-Pacific Association of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (APACRS)
- Prof Sir Peng Khaw – Professor of Glaucoma and Ocular Healing and Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon University College London, Institute of Ophthalmology and Moorfields Eye Hospital
- Prof Barry Cullen – Senior Consultant, Neuro-Ophthalmology Department, SNEC
- Prof Wallace Foulds – Senior Consultant, Singapore Eye Research Institute
- Prof Edward Buckley – Professor of Ophthalmology and Professor in Pediatrics, Interim Chair, Department of Ophthalmology Vice Dean of Medical Education, Duke University School of Medicine and Duke Eye Center
- Prof Neil Miller – Frank B. Walsh Professor of Neuro-Ophthalmology & Chief, Neuro-Ophthalmology Division, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and Wilmer Eye Institute
- Prof Nagahisa Yoshimura – Professor, Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences Graduate School of Medicine Kyoto University
- Prof Shigeru Kinoshita – Professor and Director Department of Ophthalmology Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine
- Prof Paul Mitchell – Head, Ophthalmology Department, University of Sydney Director, Centre for Vision Research Westmead Millenium Institute for Medical Research
- Prof David Friedman – Alfred Sommer Professor Wilmer Eye Institute
- Assoc Prof Gemmy Cheung – Senior Consultant, Vitreo-Retinal Department and Ocular Inflammation and Immunology Department, SNEC
Symposia, Teaching Courses and Special Days
Carrying on SNEC’s tradition of excellence in clinical service, teaching and research, the organizing committee is proud to present a wide ranging scientific programme with specific emphasis on Subspecialty Symposia and Teaching Courses. Several Special Symposia and Day programmes have also been developed to mark SNEC’s 25th Anniversary.
Nursing & Optometrists, Opticians and Allied Health Professionals Programme
- Arthur Lim Memorial Symposium
- SNEC-Duke Eye Center (USA) Symposium
- SNEC OPRS Symposium
- Asia-Pacific Association of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (APACRS) – Singapore Eye Foundation (SEF) Symposium
Special Day Programmes (Full Day Programmes)
- Ocular Inflammation and Immunology /Uveitis
- Oculoplastic and Aesthetic-Eyeplastic
- Paediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus
- Refractive Surgery