SELECTBIO’s inaugural Food Analysis Congress aims to present the latest developments in food analysis technologies, in response to the increasing demand for rapid and efficient food safety and quality testing. The event will take place in Barcelona, Spain at the Hesperia Tower Hotel on October 29 – 30, 2014.
Focus will be given to advances in both the analysis of natural food allergens and toxins, as well as contaminants introduced through processing and packaging. Points for discussion will also include the ongoing issue of food traceability and efforts to reduce food fraud. Attending this event will provide you with excellent opportunities for networking with like minded peers, helping you to find solutions and build collaborations.
Running alongside the conference will be an exhibition covering the latest technological advances and associated services from leading solution providers within this field. Registered delegates will also have access to the co-located Clinical Applications of Mass Spectrometry track, ensuring a cost effective trip.
- Elke Anklam – Director, European Commission: Are We Prepared for the Challenges Related to Food Safety and Quality in 2020?
- Paul Brereton – Head, The Food and Environment Research Agency: Horsegate: Implications for New Strategies for Food Analysis
- Alejandro Cifuentes – Head of Laboratory of Foodomics, Institute of Food Science Research: Recent Foodomic Developments to Investigate the Bioactivity of Dietary Ingredients
- Flavour, Odour & Quality Markers
- Food Authenticity and Traceability
- Food Safety
- Detection & Identification of Natural Toxins
- Detection of Food-borne Pathogens
- Measurement of Food Contaminants
- Novel Technologies for Food Analysis
Call for Posters
You can also present your research on a poster while attending the meeting. Submit an abstract for consideration now!
Confirmed Speakers to date
- Salvatore Fanali – Research Director, Institute of Chemical Methodologies
- Amadeo Fernandez-Alba – Co Head, European Union Reference Laboratory for Pesticide Residues in Fruit & Vegetables
- Christopher Elliott – Professor, Queen’s University Belfast
- Gerard Downey – Professor, Teagasc Food Research Centre
- Jacob Jong – Senior Scientist, Wageningen University
- Erich Leitner – Professor, Graz University of Technology
- Jens Sloth – Senior Scientist, Technical University of Denmark
- Lucy Robertson – Professor, Norwegian School of Veterinary Science
- David Rodriguez-Lazaro – Associate Professor, University of Burgos
- Bruno Bizec – Head, French National Reference Laboratory (LABERCA)
- Caroline Siefarth – Food Engineer & Research Associate, University of Erlangen-Nuremberg
- Albert Bosch – Professor, University of Barcelona
- Martin D’Agostino – Microbiologist, Food and Environmental Microbiology PPPA FERA