New drug delivery partnerships, advances in formulation technologies and significant improvements in analysis capabilities are all creating real opportunities in the product development field. This senior level congress brings together over 150 experts working in formulation, delivery and product development. Presentations will assess recent technological innovations and discuss their impact on product improvement and patient experience.
Day One of the Congress will cover methods to improve stability and bioavailability. Speakers will discuss the latest technologies being employed in crystal engineering, particle size reduction and self emulsification. Experts will also compare methods for characterising drug delivery action and debate novel solutions for difficult to deliver drugs.
Day Two will look at the latest advances in process and product development. Presentations will cover continuous manufacturing, clinical product testing and Quality by Design initiatives. The programme will also cover ways of ensuring product quality earlier in the pipeline, through pre-formulation strategy and early stage interventions. Day Two also features a dedicated Biopharma stream, exploring the role of nanotechnologies, HT methodologies and early developability screens in the formulation and delivery of biologics.
In keeping with Oxford Global’s highly successful life sciences series, an expert panel of 40 speakers will present a full conference programme covering the topics outlined below.
- Optimising formulation: improving stability and bioavailability
- De-risking formulation strategy: IVIVC, predictive modelling, early screening, excipient compatibility testing
- Advances in formulation testing: stability simulation testing, dissolution testing
- Novel technologies: self-emulsifying technology, microformulations
- Improving solubility: crystal engineering, solid dispersion, particle size reduction, hot melt extrusion
Improving Drug Delivery
- Enhancing drug efficacy from delivery: parenteral delivery, long-acting formulations
- Characterising drug delivery action: imaging, particle size analysis
- Difficult to deliver drugs: poorly soluble drugs, age appropriate delivery
- The increasing role of nanotechnology in drug delivery
- Drug delivery case studies: transdermal, sublingual
Formulation and Drug Delivery Strategies for Biopharma
- Pre-formulation activities for biologics: predicting protein behaviour, early screening for developability
- Optimising biologics formulation: improving quality and stability
- Formulating high concentration and high strength proteins
- Formulation and delivery challenges for novel biological drug formats
- New technology case studies: nanotechnology, HT methodologies
- Biosimilar formulation and delivery
Product Development Considerations
- User-focused product development: what do patients need from administration systems?
- Implementing Quality by Design from pre-formulation through to commercial manufacture
- Managing external stakeholders: working with CROs, CMOs and regulators to create the optimal delivery system
- Technology and process transfer: from formulation research to successful product launch
- Sreedhara Alavattam – Senior Scientist/Senior Group Leader, Late Stage Pharmaceutical Development, Genentech
- Anne Bechet – Director Project Management, Prosensa
- Steve Brown – Executive Director, Pharmaceutical Technology, Actavis
- Paul Dalby – Professor of Biochemical Engineering and Biotechnology, UCL
- Dennis Douroumis – Director of Centre for Innovation in Process Engineering and Research (CIPER), Board Member of the Academy of Pharmaceutical Sciences (APS), Reader in Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Greenwich
- David Haase – Senior Manager Device Development, Genentech
- Sune Klint Andersen – Principal Scientist Drying Processes, Novo Nordisk
- Jayne Lawrence – Professor of Biophysical Pharmaceutics, King’s College
- Ulrik Lytt Rahbek – Director, Head of ADME Department, Diabetes Research, Novo Nordisk
- Sachin Mittal – Director, Merck
- Riccardo Panicucci – Global Head of Chemical & Pharmaceutical Profiling (CPP), Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Inc.
- Bernardo Perez-Ramirez – Senior Scientific Director, BioFormulations Development, Genzyme Corporation
- Harpreet Sandhu – Principal Scientist, Merck
- Yun Tang – Senior Manager, Analytical Operations, Genentech
- Thorsten Thormann – Senior Vice President, LEO Pharma
- Salvador Ventura – Full Professor, Protein Folding and Conformational Diseases Lab (PFCD), Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
- Mark Wilson – Director, Collaboration Management, Europe, Platform Technology and Science, GSK
- Mark Yang – Director, Fill Finish Development, Late Stage Process Development, Genzyme, A Sanofi Company
- Matthew Yates – Director, Eli Lilly
Submit a poster
For attendees interested in submitting a poster, there are opportunities now available. Your poster presentation will be located in the exhibition room for two days alongside other posters from senior scientists working in industry and academia.
We will require:
Poster title, Abstract (200 words or less)
Principal author, Organisation
Mailing address, Email, Telephone, Fax
In order to secure your board space a fee of £250 will be required. The poster should be presented as A0 (841mm x 1189mm) portrait size.
To take advantage of this opportunity you need to be registered as a paid delegate over the 2 days. We have limited spaces available, so please register soon.
Who will attend
The Formulation & Drug Delivery Congress is an exclusive event designed for senior level attendees from leading pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology, diagnostics, CRO and solution provider companies, along with highly esteemed members of academic and government institutions.
Delegates typically include VPs, Directors and Global Heads of:
- Administration systems
- Delivery devices
- Drug delivery
- Formulation for biologics
- Formulation technology
- Lifecycle management
- Pre-formulation strategies
- Process improvement
- Product characterisation
- Product development
- Product formulation
- Product testing
- Quality By Design
- Stability testing
- Technology development