Oxford Global Conferences Ltd are proud to present the Drug Discovery USA Congress, taking place on 21 – 22 October, 2014 in Boston, Massachusetts, United States. This congress brings together a host of senior level experts to discuss recent developments in the industry and debate the best strategies and solutions to improve drug discovery going forward.
The drug discovery industry is facing a time of seismic change; as new technologies develop and promising collaborations strengthen, it seems that the pharma landscape is turning into a prime site for innovation. This event will look at the emerging methodologies in a series of core areas, including open innovation, external research, high content analysis and knowledge-based design.
We will also cover novel solutions to key discovery challenges, such as the need to increase molecular complexity in compounds, develop disease applicable assays and build physiologically relevant screens. Expert speakers will also tackle the big debates currently affecting research pipelines – Should we prioritise phenotypic over target-based screening? How will we utilise discovery data later in the pipeline? What can Big Pharma learn from successful biotechs?
R&D Models For The Future
- Open innovation: new initiatives and industry case studies
- Reviving existing drug products: increasing therapeutic potential
- Expanding therapeutic areas: pain, anti-addiction, orphan diseases
- Tools for measuring the success of research partnerships
- Practical innovation: what can we learn from biotechs?
- Accessing external innovation: how, where and who
Screening & Assays: Enabling Technologies
- Phenotypic screening vs target-based screening
- High content analysis: live cell imaging, 3D cell based assays, flow cytometry
- Developing disease relevant assays
- New technologies for gene expression profiling
- iPSC and primary cells: physiologically relevant assays
- Technology platform case studies: NMR & SPR
Discovery Chemistry & Drug Design
- Fragment based and structure based drug discovery
- Analysing structure-activity relationships
- Advances in computational chemistry & knowledge-based design
- De-risking through design: achieving selectivity and specificity
- Increasing molecular complexity: considering solubility, drugability and potency
- Medicinal chemistry case studies
Supporting Innovation: Translational Approaches & Informatics Tools
- Making the most of discovery data: compound optimisation and safety assessment
- Utilising predictive technologies
- New data analysis and integration platforms
- Legacy data and collaborative strategies: tackling informatics challenges
- DMPK and ADMET: building an integrated pipeline
Submit a poster
For attendees interested in submitting a poster, there are opportunities now available. Your poster presentation will be located in the exhibition room for two days alongside other posters from senior scientists working in industry and academia.
How to submit your poster
We will require:
- Poster title, Abstract (200 words or less)
- Principal author, Organisation, Mailing address
- Email, Telephone, Fax
- Additional authors
In order to secure your board space a fee of £250 plus VAT will be required. The poster should be presented as A0 (841mm x 1189mm) portrait size.
To take advantage of this opportunity you need to be registered as a paid delegate over the 2 days. We have limited spaces available so please register soon!
Who Will Attend
The Drug Discovery USA Congress is an exclusive event designed for senior level attendees from leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology organisations, along with highly esteemed members of academic and government institutions. Delegates typically include VPs, Directors and Global Heads of:
- Assay development
- Candidate selection
- Computational chemistry
- Discovery information
- Drug design
- Drug discovery
- Lead generation
- Lead optimisation
- Library optimisation
- Medicinal chemistry
- Screening technology
- Structural biology
- Target selection
- Target validation