The Institute of Plasma Physics (IPP AS CR) v.v.i. in cooperation with the Regional Centre for Special Optics and Optoelectronic Systems (Turnov OPToElectronic Centre — TOPTEC) and SPIE – International Society for Optics and Photonics are kindly inviting you to participate in the 2014 Edition of the International Conference on Optics and Measurement (OaM) to be held on October 7 – 10, 2014 in Liberec, Czech Republic.
Invited plenary speaker
Dr. Karl Stetson – Karl Stetson Associates, LLC
Scientific and technical topics
The conference focuses on processes and technology connected to R&D of optical elements and systems including design, manufacturing, measurement and testing. The aim of the conference is to provide the organizational platform for meeting of researchers, industry experts, postgraduates and students of final years at universities who are interested in the above mentioned field of optics manufacturing and measurement.
The main topics of the conference are:
- Optical design, simulation, experimental evaluation of optical system performance
- Manufacturing glass, plastic, metal and ceramics optical elements
- Non-classical way of manufacturing and polishing using MRF, IBF, Plasma, Laser etc.
- Methods and systems for optics measurement
- Measurement methods employing optical principle
- Hyperspectral imaging
- Thin film layer deposition and measurement
- Fine mechanics for optics
- Special optics, RTG, HOE, Diffractive, Light guide, Crystal optics
- Computational imaging, coded aperture systems, etc.
- Laser optics, optics for space and radiation hard optics
Best Student Paper Awards
SPIE-sponsored Best Student Paper Awards are designed to encourage and acknowledge excellence in student papers, presented orally or as posters. We offer the following prizes for each winning student:
- Monetary prize
- Free Digital Library downloads
- Free one-year SPIE Student Membership.
A panel of evaluators will judge each presentation based on a set of standard criteria (technical and presentation considerations). Top three presentations will be compared with other top scorers from each technical area. The three with the highest overall numerical scores will win awards. If there is a tie, the presenter with the highest marks will win.
If you would like to be considered for the Best Student Paper Award, please check the appropriate box in your registration.
Conference Papers will be published in the SPIE Digital Library and the Conference Proceedings. SPIE has been appointed as the publisher of the Conference Proceedings. All accepted manuscripts are required to follow the SPIE manuscript preparation and submission and ethical guidelines.
- prof. RN Dr. Pavel Tománek, CSc. – Brno University of Technology
- prof. RN Dr. Pavel Zemánek, Ph.D. – Institute of Scientific Instruments ASCR, v.v.i.
- prof. Ing. Josef Lazar, Dr. – Institute of Scientific Instruments ASCR, v.v.i.
- prof. Ing. Rolf Rasher, Dr. – University of Applied Sciences Deggendorf
- prof. Ing. Christine Wünsche, Dr. – University of Applied Sciences Deggendorf
- prof. Gerd Leuchs, Dr. – University of Ottawa
- Dipl. Ing. Matthias Pfaff – OptoTech Optikmaschinen GmbHprof. David Walker – Zeeko Ltd.
- prof. David J. Robertson – Durham University
- prof. Ing. Václav Kopecký, CSc. – Technical University in Liberec
- doc. RNDr. Miroslav Šulc, Ph.D. – Institute of Plasma Physics ASCR, v.v.i.
- Ing. Marek Škereň, Ph.D. – Czech Technical University in Prague
- prof. Ing. Pavel Fiala, CSc. – Czech Technical University in Prague
- Tomáš Vít
- Vít Lédl
- Dana Pekařová
- Jana Kovačičinová