You are kindly invited to participate in the Workshop on Empirical Monetary Economics 2014 which will be held on December 8, 2014 in Paris, France at the Paris Institute of Political Science (SciencesPo) organised by the Observatoire Français des Conjonctures Économiques (OFCE) – French Economic Observatory.
This one‐day workshop will have a limited number of selected presenters. The keynote speaker will be Paolo Surico (London Business School & CEPR).
The purpose of this workshop is to bring together economists to discuss and promote topical empirical research on monetary economics. Both the financial crisis and the sovereign debt crisis raised important issues for the effectiveness of current monetary policies and for the conduct of future ones.
- Christophe Blot (OFCE ‐ Sciences Po)
- Paul Hubert (OFCE ‐ Sciences Po)
Some particularly relevant topics are:
- The transmission channels and macroeconomic effects of both conventional and unconventional monetary policies
- Policymaking, communication strategies, the role of expectations and forward guidance
- International monetary and financial system
- Financial stability, macro‐prudential tools and the conduct of monetary policy
- Philippe Andrade (Banque de France)
- Refet Gürkaynak (Bilkent University & CEPR)
- Grégory Levieuge (University of Orléans)
- Urszula Szczerbowicz (CEPII)