National Interdisciplinary Conference on Current Issues of English Language Teaching and Learning (NICCIELTL) is a national conference organized by Pazoheshgaran Andishmand Institute, Ahwaz, Iran. The NICCIELTL will be held on March 4 – 6, 2015 in Ahwaz, Khuzestan, Iran and will be dedicated to current trends and developments in English teaching and learning studies.
Academics and university lecturers are cordially invited to present their research regarding current issues of English teaching and learning as people who can help the field of English teaching and learning. Such an approach suggests that English education is no longer limited within a certain field;knowledge from different fields cultivates diversity in English education.Recognizing this trend, the NICCIELTL Organizing Committee aims to provide a platform for researchers and scholars from various fields to exchange ideas on issues related to the empowerment of English teaching and learning.
We are pleased to announce that the following keynote speakers have confirmed their participation at the National Interdisciplinary Conference on Current Issues of English Teaching and Learning (NICCIELTL):
- Prof. John M. Levis – Iowa State University, USA
- Dr. Rajeevan Karal – Senior Vice-President of Cambridge University Press (Consultant of Oxford University Press)
- Prof. Tharwat Mohamed Elsayed El-Sakran – American University of Sharjah, UAE
- Prof. Andrzej Łyda – University of Silesia, Poland
- Dr. Morteza Yamini – Zand Institute of Higher Education, Iran (Retired Professor of Shiraz University)
- Dr. Mohammad Reza Hashemi – Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Iran (Vice-Chancellor of University)
- Dr. Abdolreza Pazhakh – Islamic Azad University, Dezful Branch, Iran
- Dr. Alireza Jalilifar – Shahid Chamran University of Ahvaz, Iran
Best paper awards
All research presentations will be considered for the NICCIEITL Competition, and along with the certificate, the prize of 100 USD, and special medal up to 3 top presenters in each type of presentations.
- Corpus Studies in Advanced (Academic) Vocabulary Teaching
- Dictionary as a Learning Tool
- Pronunciation for a Purpose: Using Sentence Focus
- Teaching Vocabulary and Pronunciation at the Tertiary Level
- Writing Kitchen: Hands-on Writing Academic Research Papers
- کاربرد تحلیل گفتمان انتقادی در ترجمه
Academics and university lecturers are cordially invited to present their research regarding current issues of English teaching and learning as people who can help the field of English teaching and learning. Such an approach suggests that English education is no longer limited within a certain field; knowledge from different fields cultivates diversity in English education. Recognizing this trend, the NICCIEITL Organizing Committee aims to provide a platform for researchers from various fields to exchange ideas on issues related to the empowerment of English teaching and learning.
In this way, the conference will be an opportunity for national and international academics and university lecturers to share their latest research findings and to keep abreast of the most recent developments in the field. Researchers and scholars from around the world are invited to submit their papers to be evaluated for inclusion in the conference program. The papers can cover a range of topics in applied linguistics and English teaching and learning. The abstracts will be evaluated by International Scientific Committee Members based on their originality, novelty, rigor and relevance to the conference theme. The accepted papers will be scheduled for oral/poster presentations, workshops, demonstrations and colloquia.
Paper can be submitted on any issue related to teaching/learning of English as a second/foreign language such as:
- Adult L2 learning
- Approaches to English Learning
- Approaches to teaching ELT
- Challenges in ELT
- Child L2 acquisition
- Classroom-based/formal language learning
- Cross-cultural issues in ELT
- Curriculum/planning issues
- Discourse and teaching
- ELT at university/tertiary level
- ELT for young learners
- ELT research methods
- Future directions in ELT
- Leaner/teacher relationships
- Learner language
- Literature and teaching
- Management in ELT
- Materials development and syllabus design
- Measurement and evaluation in ELT
- Multilingualism in ELT
- Naturalistic/informal language learning
- Teaching skills/sub-skills
- Translation and teaching
Selected papers of the conference will be published as a special issue in the journal of Theory and Practice in Language Studies which is indexed in Scopus, Academic Journals Database, etc.
Additionally, the accepted papers will be archived in the Islamic World Science Citation Center (ISC), Iranian Research Institute for Information Science and Technology and Scientific Information Database (SID) and will be published as conference proceedings electronically under an International Standard Serial Number (ISSN).