The Midwest Finance Association (MFA) is kindly inviting you to participate in the 63rd Annual Meeting 2014, held March 5 – 8, 2014 in Orlando, Florida. Members and friends of the MFA are invited to submit papers for presentation.
- Asset Pricing Tests
- Asset Pricing Theory
- Behavioral Finance
- Empirical Topics in Finance
- International Asset Pricing
- Fixed Income
- Risk Management
- Empirical Corporate Finance
- International Corporate Finance
- Corporate Restructuring
- Corporate Finance Theory
Papers submitted as “other topics” may be reassigned to a topic the program chair regards as more appropriate.
- Andrew Karolyi – Alumni Professor in Asset Management, Cornell University
- Jeffrey Wurgler – Nomura Professor of Finance, NYU.
- Randy Morck – Stephen A. Jarislowsky Distinguished Chair in Finance and University Professor, University of Alberta, Former Deputy Governor of the Bank of Canada
- David Longworth – John Weatherall Distinguished Fellow Queen’s University
Graduate Student Travel Grants
Ten graduate student travel grants of US$ 500 are available. All student presenters identified during the paper submission process as primary authors will automatically be considered for a travel grant. The travel grant decision will be made no later than December 15, 2013.
To Volunteer as a Discussant or Session Chair
If you have not submitted a paper and only wish to discuss or chair a session, please email Laurence Booth, the program chair, for special arrangements. The title of the email should be MFA discussant.
To submit your paper
Submitted papers must be in blinded pdf format. Non-pdf formatted papers where the file extension has been changed to pdf will be rejected. Many free pdf writers are available on the internet. Please review the following before starting the paper submission process:
The submission process requires you to select the single most appropriate theme from the conference topics for the paper.
Online payment of a submission fee of US$ 35 is required before a paper can be uploaded. An ID number is generated when the payment is processed. The ID number will be requested for input to complete the submission process and is your username for subsequent author log-in on the conference webpage.