The Mayo Clinic Cardiovascular Diseases CME Program will be holding it’s next course entitled “Hawaii Heart: Echocardiography and Multimodality Imaging Case-Based Clinical Decision Making” on February 5 – 10, 2017 in Waimea, Hawaii, United States at the Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel, Kohala Coast, Big Island.
This course will review the technical issues of echocardiography as well as CT, MRI, PET, and nuclear imaging as they pertain to cardiovascular disorders. An expert faculty will discuss the relevant advances in techniques and the limitations of each modality. Lectures will provide a comprehensive state-of-the-art update of the clinical uses of various imaging modalities in the diagnosis, prognosis, and management of common cardiovascular diseases. A clinical case-based format will be used to highlight practice dilemmas and key management strategies.
Credit Types Offered
- AMA PRA Category 1: 25.25
- MOC: 22.75
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Valvular Heart Disease
- Application of Imaging in Selected Disorder
- Stress Imaging
- Pericardial Diseases: Constriction Practical Tips for Pericardiocentesis
- Multimodality Imaging: Choosing the Right Test for the Right Patient
- Assessment of Diastolic Function
- Selected Topics in Circulatory Failure: LVAD, HFpEF, and PH
- Prosthetic Valve Assessment
- Perioperative Imaging Cases
- Echo for Transcatheter Procedures
- Adult Congenital heart Disease and Aortic
- Diastology — Get with the Latest Guidelines
- Efficient Echo Doppler Assessment of Cardiac Constriction
- Strain for Beginners
- How to do a PISA Calculation
- 3D Knobology
- When to Administer Contrast and How To Do It
- Right Heart Assessment — Structure and Function
- Echo for Assessment of LVADs
- Advanced Roles for Sonographers in Clinical Practice
- The Intersection of Imaging with Clinical Successes and Ongoing Challenges
- Circulatory Failure Cases
- Congenital Heart Disease Cases with Pathology Correlation
- Non-Invasive Assessment of Coronary Anomalies
- Ischemic Heart Disease Cases
- Aortic Disease Cases
- Top Applications of Cardiac CT and MRI 2017
- What is This Mass or Systemic Disorder? Multimodality Imaging Cases with Pathology Correlation by Dr. Maleszewski
- Charles J. Bruce, M.D.
- Heidi M. Connolly, M.D.
- Fletcher A. Miller, Jr., M.D.
- Darryl J. Burstow, M.B.B.S.
- Bonita Anderson, DMU, MAppSc
Mayo Clinic Faculty
- Martin D. Abel, M.D.
- Nandan S. Anavekar, M.B., B.Ch.
- Adelaide M. Arruda-Olson, M.D., Ph.D.
- J. Wells Askew, III, M.D.
- Hari P. Chaliki, M.D.
- Benjamin W. Eidem, M.D.
- Jonathan F. Fox, M.D.
- Karen L. Helfinstine, M.A.
- Jeannine Hiers, R.D.C.S.
- Garvan C. Kane, M.D., Ph.D.
- Barry L. Karon, M.D.
- Stephanie S. Koza, R.D.C.S.
- Carolyn Landolfo, M.D.
- Kevin Landolfo, M.D.
- Grace Lin, M.D.
- Joseph F. Maalouf, M.D.
- Joseph J. Maleszewski, M.D.
- Robert B. McCully, M.D.
- Christopher J. McLeod, M.B., Ch.B., Ph.D.
- Todd D. Miller, M.D.
- Jae K. Oh, M.D.
- Patrick W. O’Leary, M.D.
- Lyle J. Olson, M.D.
- Pragnesh P. Parikh, M.D.
- Muhammad Yasir Qureshi, M.B.B.S.
- Hartzell V. Schaff, M.D.
- Sameh M. Said, M.D.
- Nathaniel W. Taggart, M.D.
- Phillip M. Young, M.D.