On behalf of the Prague Development Center (PRADEC) it is our pleasure to invite you to participate in the Internationalisation in Higher Education: Evaluating concepts, challenges and strategies 2013, which will be held in Prague, Czech Republic on the 25 - 26.04.2013. The conference is organized by the Prague Development Center in cooperation with Central European Initiative, Academic Publishing Platforms.
Economic globalization in 1990s has necessitated the adaptation, integration and internationalisation of the policies at all levels of national higher education systems in many countries. Priorities of the Bologna process such as the employability, international openness, mobility made internationalisation as important and strategic trend; though internationalisation trends in policies of universities occurred much earlier. Moreover, there is a growing belief among scientists and professionals that internationalisation is more complex phenomenon than it might appear. Vast literature sources show that internationalisation is very important concept for educational institutes in all parts of the world. However, still it does not exist some conventional and comprehensive concept clearly describing the nature of higher education internationalisation.
Who should attend, registration of delegates
Target audience are diverse sectors’ representatives:
- University leaders and administrators
- Experts on educational strategies
- PhD and master course researchers
- Professionals of education state regulators
- International funds, societies and NGOs focusing on higher education and knowledge
Aims and Structure
The conference aims to enhance exchange of views and visions on internationalisation of higher education schools and national education systems among EU and non-EU countries
The conference will contribute to dissemination of innovations and new knowledge generated in EU countries regarding the best practices of higher education internationalization. It is believed that delegates would benefit from the sharing analysis and findings
Conference days include different thematic sections:
- Philosophic aspects of internationalisation in higher education
- Cultural and national contexts in internationalisation of higher education
- Tools and policies in internationalisation. Their efficiencies. At home and abroad
- Measuring and modelling the internationalisation of higher education. Systemic and strategic vision: states, policies, processes and results
- Role of government, NGOs, think tanks and businesses in internationalisation of higher education
- Problems and challenges for successful internationalisation policy. Reforms
- Youth capacity and development in the process of the higher education internationalisation
Call for conference papers
The Conference covers various areas as concept of internationalisation in higher education, cultural and value aspects of internationalisation of higher education, tasks, tools and strategies in policy of higher education internationalisation, measuring and mapping the higher education internationalisation, stakeholders and their different motivations and coordination, obstacles and challenges on the way of international cooperation Instruction for writing and submission of research papers provides necessary details scuh as thematic areas, formatting, publication fee, etc.