NVVE is proud to organize this 2016 edition of the biennial international conference on Euthanasia in cooperation with the World Federation of Right to Die Societies. The event will be held on May 11 – 14, 2016 in Amsterdam, Netherlands at the RAI Amsterdam Convention Centre.
In a world with a growing demand for legalized euthanasia and (physician) assisted dying, this conference intends to inform and inspire a wide range of professionals involved in end-of-life choices. This conference will offer physicians, scientists, lawyers, politicians, policymakers, campaigners and activists an opportunity to deepen, broaden and share their knowledge and experience. The NVVE strives to contribute to make dying-with-dignity a legal option in more countries.
About 800 delegates are expected at the conference, which will be held in Amsterdam RAI.
Conference Sections and Topics
The Medical Program addresses day to day decision-making by physicians in end-of-life-care.
- What defines good medical care when life comes to a close?
- Which ethical dilemmas are involved when considering eihter palliative care or euthanasia? The Progam is especially interesting for physicians, health care workers, psychiatrists and policy advisors concerned with the challenges regarding dying with dignity.
The latest scientific research in end-of-life care and dying will be presented. Eminent, international speakers will discuss facts & figures and their implications for the future. These challenges will be explored from different scientific fields such as bioethics, medicine and social science.
Various aspects of and obstacles to the legislation of euthanasia and assisted dying legislation will be shared and discussed, with examples from different states and countries e.g. the Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Quebec (Canada) and Oregon (USA).
- What makes a dying with dignity campaign effective?
- What are the do’s and don’ts?
- What language to use?
- How to link in to social media?
- How to transform broad public support into action? The Campaign Program focuses on specifics involved in campaigning for dying with dignity, paying particular attention to national and cultural differences.
- Director: Robert Schurink
- Head Communication: Fione Zonneveld
- Secretary Legal: Laura De Vito
- Secretary Science: Nadya Viegas
- Secretary Medical: Krista Jansen
- Secretary Campaign: Annemarie van Ooijen
- Project Manager Congress by design: Monique de Brabander