The Conference on “Theatre Between Tradition and Contemporaneity” is the annual international multidisciplinary conference researching the Bridge between Tradition and Contemporaneity in performing arts. The 2015 Edition will take place on December 17 – 21, 2015 in Leitring, Austria and is organised by the International University Global Theatre Experience (IUGTE).
Theatre — Dance — Music — Visual & Multimedia Art – Arts Administration — Performing Arts Training — Theatre Design & Technology
- Performing arts in the era of constantly evolving technology — traditional forms of performing arts constantly reconsidered and reshaped by contemporary practitioners.
- Performing arts traditions influencing, enhancing and co-mingling in contemporary performing arts processes and inspiring our artistic expression — what means “traditional” and “contemporary” for performers, artists and audience today?
- Astonishing phenomena of arts appearing on the intersection of cultures, when the borders of countries become conditional – getting inspired by the unique connection and stepping beyond usual practices.
- Traditions as the impulse to search for the universal “intercultural” language in contemporary performance and artistic expression.
- Traditions as the inexhaustible source of inspiration for contemporary generation of artists and firm foundation for intercultural dialogue.
Who should attend?
The conference meeting is highly recommended to performing arts practitioners and researchers from different countries interested in the traditional methods as applied to contemporary performing arts work, searching for international network opportunities and new collaboration partners:
- performing arts academics
- arts educators and teachers
- performers of various genres and techniques
- theatre directors
- dancers and choreographers
- arts administrators and producers
- stage designers costume designers
- mask makers
- multimedia artists
- theatre critics and arts journalists
How to Participate?
You are welcome to take part as a Presenter/Speaker or a Participant/Observer. The conference offers the unique opportunity:
- to exchange experience and share ideas in contemporary performing arts education and training, rehearsal process and performance practice;
- to demonstrate diverse methods and techniques in contemporary performing arts inspired and formed in the connection with the world traditional heritage;
- to meet colleagues from all over the world, establish new contacts and lay the foundation for future networking and collaboration in multicultural and multilingual artistic environment.
The conference is a wonderful opportunity for performers, performing arts educators and teachers to demonstrate their methods and techniques. Presentation formats:
- practical workshop/master class
- work in progress/work demonstration
- performance fragment not requiring special technical conditions
- interactive talk/lecture/discussion
- photo/video demonstration
- exhibition, installation
- research presentation
- other way of demonstration proposed by Speaker/Presenter can be considered