The International University Global Theatre Experience (IUGTE) is kindly asking for your participation in the International Conference "Theatre Between Tradition and Contemporaneity" to be held December 17-21, 2013 in Leitring, Austria.
"Theatre Between Tradition and Contemporaneity" is the professional conference researching the bridge between Tradition and Contemporaneity in performing arts. The conference is open to different art genres, techniques and forms, theatre, dance, music, circus, visual and multimedia art.
- Traditions influencing, enhancing and co-mingling in contemporary theatre processes
- Astonishing phenomena of arts appearing on the intersection of cultures, when the borders of countries become conditional
- Traditions inspiring artists to search for the “intercultural” language in contemporary performance
- Traditions affecting our artistic expression and thinking, form, artistic images on the stage meaning of tradition in creation today and for future generations
Actors, directors, choreographers, dancers, performing arts educators, teachers, musicians, singers, composers, stage designers, lighting designers, costume designers, painters, mask makers, multimedia artists, scriptwriters, playwrights, press officers, theatre critics, journalists, theatre researchers, producers and arts managers.
The conference is open to performers, performing arts educators, teachers, artists, playwrights, theatre critics, journalists, theatre researchers and arts managers from all over the world interested in the research of traditional methods as applied to contemporary performing arts work This meeting is an opportunity to meet potential collaborators from different countries!
Aims of the Conference
The main tasks of the conference are to demonstrate various methods and techniques in contemporary performing arts inspired and formed in the connection with the world traditional heritage; to exchange experience and ideas in performing arts education and training, rehearsal process, performance making and production, to establish new contacts and to lay the foundation for future networking and collaboration with colleagues from different countries, to promote creative collaboration in multicultural and multilingual artistic environment.
The working language is English.
You are welcome to take part in the conference as a Presenter/Speaker or a Participant/Obsever. At the moment the conference is accepting presentation proposals! The conference is a wonderful opportunity for performers, performing arts educators and teachers to demonstrate their methods and techniques. The programme is forming quickly, the number of slots is limited.
Registration fee for Presenters/Speakers
550 € if payment is made before January 18th - early reduced registration fee. 650 € after January 18th. The fee covers the Speaker's/Presenter's registration fee and participation in all events of the conference programme.
- practical workshop/master class
- work in progress
- performance fragment not requiring special technical conditions
- other way of demonstration offered by Speaker/Presenter can be considered.
The presentation proposal should include the following
Letter of motivation stating the conference title and dates describing the purpose of application - at least in one sentence
- Detailed CV
- Brief biography - max 100 words
- Title and format of presentation
- Brief overview of presentation - max 250 words
- Head shot and additional photo materials
All documents of a presentation proposal should be sent in one email as attachments: text documents should be sent in Word format, photo materials should be sent in JPG format. Failure to follow the standard submission requirements may result in a rejected application.