Leap Business Management is kindly inviting you to participate in the International Conference on Hospitality and Tourism Marketing (ICOHT) 2013, held October 28 – 29, 2013 in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
Tourism is one of the most popular buzz word throughout the world. Surprisingly international tourism industry hit one billion tourists level across international boundaries in 2012. Specially Europe, Asia pacific, America, Middle east and African region has been highly exposed to international tourists during the last decade. Predominantly Leisure and Holiday based tours are more visible and dominant in modern international tourism industry. In today’s context most of the countries promote tourism to achieve their economic and social targets.
9% of world GDP generated from international tourism while one out of twelve has been employed in tourism related industries. International tourism industry represents 6% of world trade. With all of these credits International tourism has been became one of the most important and vital factor in world trade, business environment as well as in international researches. Papers investigating international tourism and hospitality industry are encouraged for submission in ICOHT 2013.
ICOHT 2013 conference is attempting to open international platform to researchers and scholars across the world to debate and discuss upon number of strategic aspects of tourism and Hospitality industry. Conference framework structured based on top and popular marketing concepts. ICOHT 2013 will focus on key areas where the practical application of marketing mix concepts are used in Tourism and Hospitality industry.
Innovations of tourism and sustainability
- New form of tourism
- Strategic development in local tourism vs international tourism
- tourism and terrorism
- packaging and innovations
- tourism , natural disasters and climate changes
- future of tourism
- Imaging form of tourism
- Tourism ethics and sustainability
- Community responses to tourist and tourism
- Dark tourism
Marketing channels ‚issues and transformations/new trends of marketing channel in tourism
- Digital media, online and Mobil technologies and distribution channels
- Tourism, tourist, tour operators and tour agents
- Tourism distribution channels for rural development
- Transformation of distribution channels and contemporary issues
Consumer behavior in tourism
- Tourism demand and markets
- life cycle and tourist motivation
- tourist decision making process
- repeat visitation and destination loyalty
Competition, coopetition and cooperation
- Cooperative efforts for sustainable tourism
- Strategic partnerships and alliances for experience creation
- Economics and strategic collisions
- Regional alliances for competitive advantage
Tourist experience and human interactions
- Extra ordinary tourist experience
- Quality of tourist experience
- Memorable tourist experience
- Human interaction vs digital interactions
- Customer care and service quality in tourism and hospitality industry
- Story telling of tourism experience
Destination branding and promotion
- Branding the culture, heritage and local value system
- Destination branding and events
- Digital, online, Mobil and social media technologies for destination promotion and branding
- Hospitality and hotel management in branding and promotion context
- Virtual tourist community for destination branding
- destination branding image and tourist attraction
ICOHT 2013 Awards
Best paper Award
This award will grant to the best paper in ICOHT 2013.Organizing committee will select the best paper based on feedback of scientific reviewing committee. Evaluation based on relevancy of paper on given themes, content and quality of the paper and impotency of findings. both oral and virtual paper submission will eligible to “Best paper award”. Decision of ICOHT 2013 organizing committee is the final decision.
Best Presentation Awards
This award will grant to presenters based on their presentations at the conference. six awards will be granted in relevant to each sessions. Quality of the presentation, content of the presentation and level of interaction with the audience in the Q&A session will be used by Session Chair to select the best paper in his/her session. Decision of Session Chair will be the final decision.
Best student award /International
This award will be granted to student presentations who representing countries other than the Sri Lanka. Quality of the presentation, time management and quality of the findings relevant to ongoing tourism practices may have higher level of chance to get selected. Decision of the ICOHT 2013 Research panel will be the final decision.
Best student award /Local
This award will be granted to best student research presentation who representing Sri Lanka. Quality of the presentation and findings, time management is critical for selection. Most importantly how much findings are relevant to the current tourism industry in Sri Lanka and ability of applying those findings to upgrade Sri Lankan tourism industry may have higher level of chances to get select as best student paper award. Decision of ICOHT 2013 Research panel will be the final decision.
All papers which will be presented in the conference including virtual paper participations published in conference proceeding and send it to all Affiliated Universities and local national libraries.
The high quality papers selected and presented in the conference will be published in following International journals.
- International Journal of Culture, Tourism and Hospitality Research (ISSN: 1750 – 6182)
- International Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Research (Anatolia) (ISSN: 1303 – 2917 (Print), 2156 – 6909 (Online)), Taylor & Francis
International Journal of Asian Business and Information Management (IJABIM): An Official Publication of the Information Resources Management Association (DOI: 10.4018/IJABIM, ISSN: 1947 – 9638, EISSN: 1947 – 9646)
e-Review of Tourism Research (eRTR) (ISSN:1941 – 5842)
Special Series of Publication: Advances in Hospitality & Tourism Management, Chief Acquisition editor: Mahmood A. Khan, Ph.D., Publisher name: Apple Academic Publisher