On behalf of Conference Organizing Committee, it is our great privilege to invite you to the International Conference on Fisheries and Aquaculture – ICFA 2014 – to be held on September 9 – 10, 2014 in Colombo, Sri Lanka at the Hotel Galadari. We would like to invite scientist, researchers, scholars and practitioners from around the world to be a part of this conference. The Conference will be organized by The International Institute of Knowledge Management (TIIKM).
Aquaculture is the fastest growing food production sector in the world. With the world’s population constantly increasing, and the agriculture industry’s future dwindling, we must discover another source of food, or advance it so it will cover the continuously increasing population. It is very important to known that nearly 90% of the earth surface covered by water. The ICFA 2014 try to established a platform to identify this valuable and potential future food feeding source. Conference will discuss and debate upon wide range of research interests such as Nutrition, health management, Marine Ecosystems and Aquatic Environment Management, Fisheries governance and promoting aquaculture sustainability, Marine Fisheries/Aquaculture Science and fish biology.
Other than participating to the academic sessions, participants can explore traditions, beauty and hospitality of Sri Lanka. Delegates will have extensive opportunities to visit and enjoy exciting places in Sri Lanka during their stay in Sri Lanka and with the post conference tour organizing by Conference organizing committee. Moreover, the luxurious surroundings of our venue provide the perfect setting for developing relations .Participants can network with each other during the social network dinner, cultural show and during the discussion forums to build international network and share knowledge with each others.
Topics of interest for submission include, but are not limited to:
Nutrition, health management and aqua/marine economy
- Biotechnology and Genetics in Aquaculture
- Fish Nutrition and Health management
- Biotechnology and Genetics in Aquaculture
- Fishery Economics & Management
Marine Ecosystems and Aquatic Environment Management
- Threatened, Endangered & Protected Species
- Marine organisms and ecosystem dynamics
- Risk assessment and watershed management
- River/stream ecology and aquatic conservation biology
- Coastal marine biology
- River ecology and management
Fisheries governance and promoting aquaculture sustainability
- Ecosystem health, livelihood and employment
- Challenges and concerns in fisheries and aquaculture
- Conflicts, policies, legislations and harmony of fishing community
- Inland Waters and Aquatic Pollution
- Waste water management and sustainable management practices
Marine Fisheries/Aquaculture Science and fish biology
- Fish Biology, Physiology, Genetics, Pathology & Behavior of fish
- Fish Population Dynamics
- Fin Fish, Shell Fish and Ornamental Fish Culture
- Fish Diseases and Fish Health Management
- Post Harvest Technology
Best paper Award
This award will be granted to the best paper in ICFA 2014 . Organizing committee will select the best paper based on feedback of scientific review committee. Evaluation based on relevancy of paper on given themes, content and quality of the paper and impotency of findings. Both oral and virtual paper submission will be eligible to “Best paper award”. Decision of ICFA 2014 organizing committee is the final decision.
Best Presentation Awards
This award will be granted to presenters based on their presentations at the conference. Quality of the presentation, content of the presentation and level of interaction with the audience in the Q&A session will be used by Session Chair to select the best paper in his/her session. Decision of Session Chair will be the final decision.
Best student award
This award will be granted to student presentations. Quality of the presentation, time management and quality of the findings relevant to ongoing practices may have higher level of chance to get selected. Decision of the ICFA 2014 Research panel will be the final decision.
- Prof. Alexandra Adams – United Kingdom
- Dr. Tim Dejager – Canada
- Prof. Abigail Elizur – Australia
- Prof. J.M.P.K. Jayasinghe – Sri Lanka
- Prof. H. Shivananda Murthy – India
- Prof. Areechon Nontawith – Thailand
- Dr. Ken Overturf – USA