IACSS 2014 is an annual International Academic Conference, which covers main fields of social sciences. The mission of IACSS 2014 is to provide a platform for researchers, academicians as well as other professionals from all over the world to present their research results in Social Science. This conference provides opportunities for the delegates to exchange new ideas and experiences, to establish business or research relations and to find partners for future collaboration. The goal of our conference is also to support, encourage and provide a platform for young researchers to present their research, to network within the international community of other young researchers and to seek the insight and advice of successful senior researchers during the conference.
We aim to combine scientific activities with an opportunity to meet the historical and gorgeous city of Istanbul which is the heart of the Turkey. It would be possible for attendees to visit the Istanbul’s modern and historical areas during the city tour which will be offered by organizers of the conference.
We are also pleased to announce that a limited number of papers will receive special awards on the basis of their scientific merit and originality and an awards ceremony will take place during the closing remarks session of the conference.
- Prof. Paul M. Heywood – Dean of the Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Nottingham, UK
- Prof. Dimitrios Buhalis – International Centre for Tourism and Hospitality Research (ICTHR), Bournemouth University, UK
The language of the conference is English. Prospective authors are invited to submit full and original research papers which are not submitted, published, under consideration anywhere in other conferences or journals.
- Economics & Finance
- Political Science
Papers submitted to IACSS 2014 will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee and evaluated in terms of their overall quality. All accepted papers will be published in the electronic conference proceedings. A limited number of papers will receive special awards on the basis of their scientific merit and originality and an Awards Ceremony will take place during the Closing Remarks session of the Conference.
The following IACSS 2014 Awards are offered:
Excellence in Social Science Award
The 6 best papers will receive the “Excellence in Social Science Award”. The award entails the following benefits for the presenting authors of the 6 awarded papers: Honorary certificate; 50 % Discount of registration fee for the IACSS 2015 Conference.
Young Researchers Awards
The 4 best papers submitted by presenting authors under 35 years old will receive the “Young Researcher — Excellence in Social Science” awards. The award entails the following benefits for the presenting authors of the 4 awarded “young Researchers” papers: Honorary certificate; 50 % Discount of registration fee for the IACSS 2015 Conference; complimentary accommodation for the “Young Researcher — Excellence in Social Science” 2015 Conference in one of the hotels in Taksim.
Virtual Presenters Award
The 5 best papers submitted by virtual presenter authors will receive the “Virtual Presenter — Excellence in Social Science” awards which includes: Honorary certificate; complimentary registration for the Social Science 2015 Conference;
- Prof. Wolfgang Babeck – Bond University, Australia
- Prof. Dimitrios Buhalis – Bournemouth University, UK
- Dr. Maia Chankseliani – University of Oxford, UK
- Dr. Scott Cohen – University of Surrey, UK
- Prof. Robert Elgie – Dublin City University, Ireland
- Dr. Erdogan Ekiz – King Abdulaziz University, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Prof. Marco Frey – Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna, Italy
- Prof. Anisul M. Islam – University of Houston-Downtown, USA
- Dr. Leila Kajee – University of Johannesburg, Sauth Africa
- Dr. Simo Matias Mikkonen - University of Jyväskylä, Finland
- Dr. Bernadette Ní Áingléis- St Patrick’s College, Dublin City University, Ireland
- Dr. April Nowell – University of Victoria, Canada
- Dr. Gianluca Passarelli - University of Rome – La Sapienza, Italy
- Prof. Martyn Percy – Ripon College Cuddesdon, Oxford, UK
- Prof. İge Pirnar- Yasar University, Turkey
- Prof. Willibald Ruch – University of Zurich, Switzerland
- Prof. David Schultz - Hamline University, USA
- Dr. Daniel Stockemer - University of Ottawa, Canada
- Prof. Dr. Sule Toktas – Kadir Has University, Turkey
- Prof. Giusto Traina –University Paris-Sorbonne (Paris IV), France
- Dr. Francesca Vassallo – University of Southern Maine, USA