The INFER Workshop on Financial Globalization, International Trade and Development 2014 will be organised jointly by the INFER (International Network for Economic Research) and the Laboratiore d’Analyse et de Recherché en Economie et Finance Internationales (LAREFI) at the Université de Bordeaux. The workshop will be held on July 3 – 4, 2014 at the University of Bordeaux, France.
We are happy to welcome the following internationally distinguished keynote speakers:
INFER offers several publication possibilities to workshop participants, including book volumes and journal publications. In particular, the authors of outstanding research papers will be invited to submit them to a special issue of International Economics, journal published by Elsevier. The procedure for submitting the papers to this journal will be specified in due course.
You will also be informed about other publication possibilities during the workshop.
This workshop brings together economists to discuss recent topics related to International Economics. Researchers are invited to submit both theoretical and empirical papers. In particular, we welcome papers related to the following topics:
- Liquidity, solvability and financial crises
- Contagion and vulnerability of emerging economies
- Monetary regimes in open-economies
- Impact of globalization on financial stability: what role for regulation?
- Towards a new European growth model: what role for the economic policy?
- Public indebtedness and macroeconomic stability
- The currency war and the reform of the international monetary system
- Trade agreements: multilateralism versus regionalism
- International trade: extensive margin versus intensive margin
- Finance and international trade
- Border and behind the border protectionism
The workshop is open to anybody involved in these research areas, including both young and experienced researchers, Ph.D. students, post-doctoral researchers, and professionals from business, government and non-governmental institutions.
- Cristina Badarau – University of Bordeaux
- Antoine Bouët – University of Bordeaux
- Sophie Brana – University of Bordeaux
- Camille Cornand – University of Lyon
- Elena Dumitrescu – Paris-Ouest Nanterre la Défense University
- Jarko Fidrmuc – Zeppelin Universität
- Armando Garcia Pires – Institute for Research in Economics and Business Administration
- Florence Huart – University of Lille 1
- Dephine Lahet – University of Bordeaux
- Viola Lamani – University of Bordeaux
- Daniel Mirza – University of Tours
- Kevin Moran – University of Laval
- Jenifer Pedusselè-WU – Berlin School of Economics and Law
- Monica Pop Silaghi – University Babes-Bolyai
- Alexandra Popescu – University of Orléans
- Ibrahima Sangaré – University of Bordeaux
- Andreea Semenescu – Bucharest University of Economics
- Eric Toulemonde – University of Namur
- Camélia Turcu – University of Orléans
- Jan Van Hove – University of Leuven, HU Brussels
- Patrick Villieu – University of Orléans
- Sophie BRANA – LAREFI, University of Bordeaux
- Cristina BADARAU – LAREFI, University of Bordeaux
- Viola LAMANI – LAREFI, University of Bordeaux
- Christel CHAINEAUD – LAREFI, University of Bordeaux