The International Academic Forum, in conjunction with its global university and institutional partners, is proud to announce the Inaugural IAFOR International Conference on the Social Sciences (IICSS) taking place in Dubai, United Arab Emirates on February 27 – 29, 2016.
This international and interdisciplinary conference will act as a centre for academics, practitioners and professionals to discuss new research in education. IICSS-Dubai2016 will create opportunities for the internationalization of higher education and sharing of expertise. We invite professionals from all corners of the world to develop policies, exchange ideas, and promote new partnerships with organizations and peers.
The inaugural IICSS 2016 – Dubai will be held alongside the Inaugural IAFOR International Conference on Arts and Humanities (IICAH) 2016 – Dubai. Registration for either conference will allow attendees to attend sessions in the other.
Conference Chairs and Keynote Speakers
- Prof. Stuart D. B. Picken – IICSS-Dubai2016 Conference Chair, IAFOR International Advisory Board Chair
- Dr. A. Robert Lee – IICSS-Dubai2016 Program Adviser, Nihon University, Japan
- Prof. Said M. Faiq – IICSS-Dubai2016 Local Conference Chair, American University of Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Conference Theme and Streams
The conference theme for IICSS-Dubai2016 is “Justice and Sustainability” and the organizers encourage submissions that approach this theme from a variety of perspectives. However, the submission of other topics for consideration is welcome and we also encourage sessions within and across a variety of interdisciplinary and theoretical perspectives.
Submissions are organized in to the following thematic streams:
- Anthropology, Archaeology, Cultural Studies and Humanities
- Cognitive and Behavioral Sciences
- Computational Social Science
- Cultural and Media Studies
- Economics and Management
- Education and Social Welfare
- Demography, Human Geography & Population Studies
- Ethnicity, Difference, Identity
- Globalization and Internationalization
- Immigration, Refugees, Race, Nation
- Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Gender
- International Relations & Human Rights
- Journalism and Communications
- Natural, Environmental and Health Sciences
- Politics, Philosophy, Ethics, Consciousness
- Politics, Public Policy, Law & Criminology
- Psychology & Social Psychology
- Research Methodologies, Quantitative and Qualitative
- Social History
- Social Work
- Teaching and Learning
- Technology and Applied Sciences
- Urban Studies
A small number of papers from the conference proceedings are selected by the journal editor. Articles may also be submitted directly by contacting the appropriate editor. These open access journals, which conform to the highest academic standards, reflect the interdisciplinary and international nature of our conferences and are organized thematically.
If your abstract is accepted and you have registered for the conference, you are encouraged to submit a full paper for inclusion in the official conference proceedings published on the website. Final papers should be uploaded through the submissions system. Please ensure that your paper is ready to go to press by the submission deadline.
Eye Magazine is the International Academic Forum’s own in-house e-magazine publication. Through Eye magazine, we hope to enlighten you to various views and opinions of our contributors, many of whom have presented full research papers at our various conferences in Asia, Europe and North America.