The International Academic Forum (IAFOR), in conjunction with its global university and institutional partners, is proud to announce the Inaugural IAFOR International Conference on Education in Hawaii which will commence on January 8 – 11, 2016 in Honolulu, Hawaii at the Hawaii Convention Centre.
This international and interdisciplinary conference will act as a centre for academics, practitioners and professionals to discuss new research in education. IICE-Hawaii2016 will create opportunities for the internationalization of higher education and sharing of expertise. We invite professionals from all corners of the world to develop policies, exchange ideas, and promote new partnerships with organizations and peers.
The Inaugural IAFOR International Conference on Education 2016 – Hawaii will be held alongside the Inaugural IAFOR International Conference on Language Learning 2016 – Hawaii and the Inaugural IAFOR International Conference on Technology in the Classroom 2016 – Hawaii. Registration for either conference will allow attendees to attend sessions in the other.
Conference Chairs and Featured Speakers
- Prof. Chung-Ying Cheng – University of Hawai’i at Manoa, USA
- Prof. Sue Jackson – Birkbeck, University of London, UK
- Prof. Barbara Lockee – IAFOR International Director of Programme: Technology, Education, Information and Society
- Prof. Ted O’Neill – Gakushuin University, Japan
Conference Theme and Streams
“Education and Social Justice“
The conference theme for IICE-Hawaii2016 is “Education and Social Justice”, and the organizers encourage submissions that approach this theme from a variety of perspectives. However, the submission of other topics for consideration is welcome and we also encourage sessions within and across a variety of interdisciplinary and theoretical perspectives.
In this conference – one of a series of five held in 2016 on education and social justice – participants are invited to explore and question ways in which education can bring about change and social justice. Abstracts should address one or more of the streams below, identifying a relevant sub-theme:
- Diversity in Global Contexts
- Education and Socio-Economic Development
- Education and Development: Local and Global/Domestic and International
- Education: Public & Private Partnerships
- Economics and Management of Education
- Literacy: Poverty and Sustainability
Submissions are organized in to the following thematic streams:
- Education: social justice and social change
- Education: social and political movements
- Education and post-colonialism
- Education for sustainable development
- Conflicting perspectives in learning and teaching
- Digital technologies and communications
- Educational change through technologies
- ‘Englishes’ in global communication
- Bi-cultural, bi-lingual and bi-national education
- Languages education and applied linguistics (ESL/TESL/TEFL)
- Linguistics and Pedagogy
- Multilingual societies
- Education for interdisciplinary thinking
- Education for intercultural communication
- Education for international exchange
- Challenges of new technologies
- Primary and secondary education
- Higher education
- Adult and lifelong learning
- Technology enhanced and distance learning
- International Schools and Educational goals
- Educational Policy, Leadership, Management and Administration
- Curriculum Research and Development
- Economic Management of Education
- Institutional Accreditation and Ranking
- Organizational Learning and Change
- Professional Concerns, Training and Development
- Special Education, Learning Difficulties, Disability
- Student Learning, Learner Experiences and Learner Diversity
A small number of papers from the conference proceedings are selected by the journal editor. Articles may also be submitted directly by contacting the appropriate editor. These open access journals, which conform to the highest academic standards, reflect the interdisciplinary and international nature of our conferences and are organized thematically.
If your abstract is accepted and you have registered for the conference, you are encouraged to submit a full paper for inclusion in the official conference proceedings published on the website. Final papers should be uploaded through the submissions system. Please ensure that your paper is ready to go to press by the submission deadline.
Eye Magazine is the International Academic Forum’s own in-house e-magazine publication. Through Eye magazine, we hope to enlighten you to various views and opinions of our contributors, many of whom have presented full research papers at our various conferences in Asia, Europe and North America.