The International Academic Forum (IAFOR), in conjunction with its global university and institutional partners, is proud to announce the Inaugural IAFOR International Conference on Education (IICE), which will commence in Dubai, United Arab Emirates at the Festival City Event Centre on March 8 – 10, 2015.
This international and interdisciplinary conference will act as a centre for academics, practitioners and professionals to discuss new directions of research and discovery in education. IICE2015 will create opportunities for the internationalization of higher education and sharing of expertise. We invite professionals from all corners of the world to develop policies, exchange ideas, and promote new partnerships with organizations and peers.
The Inaugural IAFOR International Conference on Education in Dubai will be held alongside the Inaugural IAFOR International Conference on Language Learning (IICLL) Dubai 2015. Registration for either conference will allow attendees to attend sessions in the other.
Conference Theme and Streams
In this conference – one of a series of five held in 2015 on education, power and empowerment – participants are invited to explore and question the transnational spaces of education and the power relations attached to them. This might include geographical spaces but is not limited to them. Abstracts should address one or more of the streams below, identifying a relevant sub-theme:
- Transnational or international? Developing new spaces of learning
- Education, power and globalisation
- Developing transnational spaces of education
- Challenges of literacy and communication in transnational spaces
- Education and transnational spaces: power and disempowerment
Learning and Teaching in Transnational Spaces
- Education: social justice and social change
- Education: social and political movements
- Education and post-colonialism
- Education for sustainable development
- Conflicting perspectives in learning and teaching
- Digital technologies and communications
- Educational change through technologies
Challenging and Preserving Traditional Cultures
- ‘Englishes’ in global communication
- Bi-cultural, bi-lingual and bi-national education
- Languages education and applied linguistics (ESL/TESL/TEFL)
- Linguistics and Pedagogy
- Multilingual societies
- Education for interdisciplinary thinking
- Education for intercultural communication
- Education for international exchange
- Challenges of new technologies
Learning, Teaching and Educational Structures
- Primary and secondary education
- Higher education
- Adult and lifelong learning
- Technology enhanced and distance learning
- International Schools and Educational goals
- Educational Policy, Leadership, Management and Administration
- Curriculum Research and Development
- Economic Management of Education
- Institutional Accreditation and Ranking
- Organizational Learning and Change
- Professional Concerns, Training and Development
- Special Education, Learning Difficulties, Disability
- Student Learning, Learner Experiences and Learner Diversity
- Dr. Christine Coombe – Dubai Men’s College, Dubai
- Professor Sue Jackson – Birkbeck, University of London, UK
- Professor Stuart Picken – Order of the Sacred Treasure, M.A. (Hons), B.D., Ph.D. (Glasgow), F.R.A.S.
A small number of papers from the conference proceedings are selected by the journal editor. Articles may also be submitted directly by contacting the appropriate editor. These open access IAFOR’s journals, which conform to the highest academic standards, reflect the interdisciplinary and international nature of our conferences and are organized thematically.
If your abstract is accepted and you have registered for the conference, you are encouraged to submit a full paper for inclusion in the official conference proceedings publishing on the website. Final papers should be uploaded through the submissions system. Please ensure that your paper is ready to go to press by the submission deadline.
Eye Magazine is the International Academic Forum’s own in-house e-magazine publication. Through Eye magazine, we hope to enlighten you to various views and opinions of our contributors, many of whom have presented full research papers at our various conferences in Asia, Europe and North America.