For the 3rd European Conference on Education (ECE) 2015 the organiser – International Academic Forum (IAFOR) – is kindly asking for your participation. The event will commence on July 1 – 5, 2015 in Brighton, United Kingdom at the Hotel Thistle Brighton.
This international and interdisciplinary conference will again bring together a range of academics and practitioners to discuss new directions of research and discovery in education. As with IAFOR’s other events, ECE2015 will afford the opportunity for renewing old acquaintances, making new contacts, and networking across higher education and beyond.
ECE 2015 will be held alongside the 3rd European Conference on Technology in the Classroom (ECTC2015), and the 3rd European Conference on Language Learning (ECLL2015). Registration for any one of these conferences will allow attendees to attend sessions in the others.
Professor Sue Jackson – Birkbeck, University of London, UK
Sue Jackson is Pro-Vice-Master (Vice-President) for Learning and Teaching, Professor of Lifelong Learning and Gender and Director of Birkbeck Institute for Lifelong Learning at Birkbeck University of London. She publishes widely in the field of gender and lifelong learning, with a particular focus on identities.
“Education, Power and Empowerment: Changing and Challenging Communities”
In this conference – one of a series of five held in 2015 on education, power and empowerment – participants are invited to explore and question ways in which education can change, empower and challenge communities and the ways in which communities can challenge structures and constructions of ‘education’. ‘Communities’ should be explored in their fullest meanings. Abstracts should address one or more of the streams below, identifying a relevant sub-theme:
- Education, power and community development
- Education: local and global communities of practice
- Communities of difference
- Virtual spaces of educational communities
- Power and empowerment in learning communities
Learning and Teaching in Community Spaces
- Education: social justice and social change
- Education: social and political movements
- Education and post-colonialism
- Education for sustainable development
- Conflicting perspectives in learning and teaching
- Digital technologies and communications
- Educational change through technologies
Challenging and Preserving Traditional Cultures
- ‘Englishes’ in global communication
- Bi-cultural, bi-lingual and bi-national education
- Languages education and applied linguistics (ESL/TESL/TEFL)
- Linguistics and Pedagogy
- Multilingual societies
- Education for interdisciplinary thinking
- Education for intercultural communication
- Education for international exchange
- Challenges of new technologies
Learning, Teaching and Educational Structures
- Primary and secondary education
- Higher education
- Adult and lifelong learning
- Technology enhanced and distance learning
- International Schools and Educational goals
- Educational Policy, Leadership, Management and Administration
- Curriculum Research and Development
- Economic Management of Education
- Institutional Accreditation and Ranking
- Organizational Learning and Change
- Professional Concerns, Training and Development
- Special Education, Learning Difficulties, Disability
- Student Learning, Learner Experiences and Learner Diversity
IAFOR Publishing Opportunities
The IAFOR Journal of Education is an editorially independent journal. A small number of papers from the conference proceedings are selected by the journal editor. Articles may also be submitted directly by contacting the appropriate editor. These open access IAFOR’s journals, which conform to the highest academic standards, reflect the interdisciplinary and international nature of our conferences and are organized thematically.
If your abstract is accepted and you have registered for the conference, you are encouraged to submit a full paper for inclusion in the official conference proceedings publishing on the website. Final papers should be uploaded through the submissions system. Please ensure that your paper is ready to go to press by the submission deadline.
Eye Magazine is the International Academic Forum’s own in-house e-magazine publication. Through Eye magazine, we hope to enlighten you to various views and opinions of our contributors, many of whom have presented full research papers at our various conferences in Asia, Europe and North America.