Euro-Par is an annual series of international conferences dedicated to the promotion and advancement of all aspects of parallel and distributed computing. Euro-Par 2014 – the 20th International Conference on Parallel Processing will take place in Porto, Portugal, located by the Douro river and the Atlantic. It will be organized by the Computer Science Department, Faculty of Sciences, Universidade do Porto on August 25 – 29, 2014.
Euro-Par covers a wide spectrum of topics from algorithms and theory to software technology and hardware-related issues, with application areas ranging from scientific to mobile and cloud computing.
Euro-Par provides a forum for the introduction, presentation and discussion of the latest scientific and technical advances, extending the frontier of both the state of the art and the state of the practice.
The main audience of Euro-Par are the researchers in academic institutions, government laboratories and industrial organisations. Euro-Par’s objective is to be the primary choice of such professionals for the presentation of new results in their specific areas. As a wide-spectrum conference, Euro-Par fosters the synergy of different topics in parallel and distributed computing. Of special interest are applications which demonstrate the effectiveness of the main Euro-Par topics.
In addition, Euro-Par conferences provide a platform for a number of accompanying, technical workshops. Thus, smaller and emerging communities can meet and develop more focussed topics or as yet less established topics. The unique organizational structure of a Euro-Par conference, which puts the hosting team in charge of both the scientific programme and the local organization, makes it a particularly lively and stimulating experience.
- Support Tools and Environments
- Performance Prediction and Evaluation
- Scheduling and Load Balancing
- High Performance Architectures and Compilers
- Parallel and Distributed Data Management
- Grid, Cluster and Cloud Computing
- Green High Performance Computing
- Distributed Systems and Algorithms
- Parallel and Distributed Programming
- Parallel Numerical Algorithms
- Multicore and Manycore Programming
- Theory and Algorithms for Parallel Computation
- High Performance Networks and Communication
- High Performance and Scientific Applications
- GPU and Accelerator Computing
To provide further meeting points for researchers to discuss and exchange ideas on topics related to parallel and distributed computing, Euro-Par 2014 continues the tradition of co-locating workshops with the main conference. The workshops will be held on August 25 – 26, 2014, two days before the main conference. Workshop proceedings will be published in a separate LNCS Euro-Par 2014 volume, after the conference. All Euro-Par 2014 workshops are listed below.
List of Workshops
12th International Workshop on Algorithms, Models and Tools for Parallel Computing on Heterogeneous Platforms
- 5th Workshop on High Performance Bioinformatics and Biomedicine (HiBB) 2014
- 2nd Workshop on Parallel and Distributed Agent-Based Simulations (PADABS) 2014
- 2nd Workshop on Runtime and Operating Systems for the Many Core Era (ROME) 2014
- 7th Workshop on UnConventional High Performance Computing (UCHPC) 2014
- 9th Workshop on Virtualization in High-Performance Cloud Computing (VHPC) 2014
- 1st Workshop on Applications of Parallel Computation in Industry and Engineering (APCIE) 2014
- 3rd Workshop on Big Data Management in Clouds (BigDataCloud) 2014
- Workshop on Software for Exascale Computing (Project Workshop) SPPEXA 2014
- 2nd Workshop on Dependability and Interoperability in Heterogeneous Clouds (DIHC) 2014
- 2nd Workshop on Federative and Interoperable Cloud Infrastructures (FedICI) 2014
- 3rd Workshop on On-chip memory hierarchies and interconnects: organization, management and implementation (OMHI) 2014
- 2nd Workshop on Large Scale Distributed Virtual Environments on Clouds and P2P (LSDVE) 2014
- 7th Workshop on Resiliency in High Performance Computing with Clouds, Grids, and Clusters (Resilience) 2014
- 1st International Workshop on Reproducibility in Parallel Computing (REPPAR) 2014
- 1st Workshop on Techniques and Applications for Sustainable Ultrascale Computing Systems (TASUS) 2014
- 7th International Workshop on Multi-/Many-core Computing Systems (MuCoCoS) 2014
- 7th Workshop on Productivity and Performance – Tools for HPC Application Development (PROPER) 2014