The increasing social and economic instability poses threats to individuals and requires the adaption of strategies to navigate through life successfully. The Euroguidance Conference 2014 discusses the current trends on the European and Austrian labour market. How can guidance contribute to cope with these challenges? What counselling tools and mechanisms are supportive especially for adults on the labour market?
Peter Plant, Aarhus University, Denmark, unfolds the dynamics of guidance on a life-long learning perspective and describes the three roles Guidance has to play in today’s Europe: solving, preventing, and coping. Antje Barabasch, CEDEFOP, will present the new study „Navigating difficult waters: learning for career and labour market transitions and will focus especially on the contribution of training to accomplish transitional phases.
Which developments of the Austrian and European labour market are having effects on Guidance? In which ways does the Austrian lifelong guidance strategy refer to current challenges? Martina Maurer (Public Employment Service Austria – AMS), Regina Barth and Gerhard Krötzl (Austrian Ministry of Education and Research) will provide their insights.
In the afternoon six parallel workshops (one of them will be in English) offer room for deepening exchange and discussion. The Market Place invites participants to get to know the approaches of national and international organizations of guidance counselling.
Topics and Speakers
- “To the joy? Guidance in an ever-changing labour market” – Peter Plant, Aarhus University, Denmark
- “Guidance Support for Midlife Career Transitions“ – Antje Barabasch, Cedefop, Germany
- “Impressions of the market place“
- “Trends on the Austrian labour market” – Martina Maurer, AMS — Public Employment Service Austria, Austria
- “Update on the Lifelong Guidance Strategy in Austria“
- “How can counsellors benefit from Euroguidance?“
- Erosion of job security and atypical employment relationships: How to train resilience
- Thematic network on work based learning: First results
- Migrating education: Challenge for guidance in an immigration society
- How the Europass documents contribute to the recognition of your skills!
- Focus on women aged 50+: potentials and resources – Guidance for innovative training and cross organisational cooperation
- The Four Rooms of Change® – How to support clients in times of difficult labour market situations