EMBL Course on Transgenic Animals – Micromanipulation Techniques (EPP17) 2017 Heidelberg

  • Conference Call
  • The Euro­pean Mol­e­c­u­lar Biol­ogy Lab­o­ra­tory (EMBL) will be hold­ing it’s 2017 Course on Trans­genic Ani­mals – Micro­ma­nip­u­la­tion Tech­niques on April 56, 2017 in Hei­del­berg, Ger­many and is seek­ing your participation.

    Course Overview

    30% of the course pro­gramme cov­ers lec­tures and tuto­ri­als on gen­er­at­ing trans­genic mice, and cor­re­spond­ing microscopy and micro­ma­nip­u­la­tion tech­niques by experts in the field. The other 70% focuses on hands-​on prac­ti­cal work organ­ised in small groups. These prac­ti­cals will address injec­tion of nucleic acids into the pronu­cleus and cyto­plasm of fer­tilised mouse oocytes, embry­onic stem cell trans­fer into blas­to­cysts, piezo-​assisted stem cell trans­fer into 8-​cell stage embryos and microscopy training.

    The course is lim­ited to 8 par­tic­i­pants. For selec­tion pur­poses, please note that your appli­ca­tion will not be con­sid­ered with­out a let­ter of motivation.

    Audience

    This course is aimed at tech­ni­cians and sci­en­tists inter­ested in the gen­er­a­tion of trans­genic ani­mals. Par­tic­i­pants should have basic expe­ri­ence with eukary­otic cells and microscopy.

    Modules/​Resources

    • DNA/​RNA Microin­jec­tion into zygotes
    • Con­trast techniques
    • Embry­onic stem cell transfer
    • Piezo-​assisted micromanipulation

    Learn­ing Outcomes

    The aim of the course is to pro­vide par­tic­pants with hands-​on tuto­ri­als and the the­ory behind gen­er­at­ing trans­genic ani­mals. Microin­jec­tion into mouse zygotes will be cov­ered, as well as cell trans­fer into embryos and blastocysts.

    Speak­ers and trainers

    • San­dra Sto­brawa – Eppen­dorf AG, Germany
    • Frank van der Hoeven – Trans­genic Ser­vice, Ger­man Can­cer Research Cen­ter, Germany
    • Werner Wit­tke – Leica Microsys­tems CMS GmbH, Germany

    Organisers

    Sci­en­tific Organisers

    • Jacque­line Dreyer-​Lamm – EMBL Hei­del­berg, Germany
    • Yvonne Petersen – EMBL Hei­del­berg, Germany
    • San­dra Sto­brawa – Eppen­dorf AG, Germany

    Course organiser

    starting: ending: 06.04.2017 Location: , Category:

    Timeline

    Conference START 06.04.2017 END

    All deadlines have expired!

    This conference has no more open deadlines. There may be successive conferences coming up you may by interested in.

    Please check our conference list and search...

    Conference Facts

    Location , Address Meyerhofstrasse 1 Category Organiser More Info Conference Website

    Further interesting Conferences

    Currently we have no similar events listed. Please check our website regulary, subscribe to our RSS-Feed or follow us on twitter for new listings.