The 2017 EMBL-Cancer Core Europe Conference on Cancer Immunotherapy will cover highly relevant sub-disciplines of cancer immunology with a special focus on personalised immunotherapy. The conference will be held in Heidelberg, Germany on February 2 – 4, 2017 and is organised by the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL).
- Padmanee Sharma – The University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center, USA
Who should attend?
The conference will bring together basic, translational and clinical scientists and physicians from academics to industry.
- Unleashing endogenous immunity
- Clinical studies of T cell-based immunotherapies
- Markers of effective immune responses
- Targeting the microenvironment
- Inducing immunity
- Patrick A. Baeuerle – MPM Capital, USA
- Thomas Blankenstein – Max-Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine, Germany
- Catherine M. Bollard – Children’s National Health System, USA
- Chiara Bonini – San Raffaele Hospital, Italy
- Malcolm K. Brenner – Texas Children´s Hospital, USA
- Karin de Visser – Netherlands Cancer Institute, The Netherlands
- Jérôme Galon – INSERM, France
- Nir Hacohen – Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, USA
- Susan Kaech – Yale School of Medicine, USA
- Guido Kroemer – INSERM, France
- Ira Mellman – Genentech, USA
- Michael Platten – German Cancer Research Center, Germany
- Antoni Ribas – University of California, Los Angeles, USA
- Michel Sadelain – Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, USA
- Ugur Sahin – Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Germany
- Federica Sallusto – Institute for Research in Biomedicine, Switzerland
- Dirk Schadendorf – University Hospital Essen, Germany
- Robert Schreiber – Washington University School of Medicine, USA
- Thomas Tüting – University of Magdeburg, Germany
- Dietmar Zehn – Technical University Munich, Germany
EMBL Corporate Partnership Programme Fellowships
A limited number of EMBL Advanced Training Centre Corporate Partnership Programme (CPP) fellowships are available for this meeting in the form of both Registration Fee Waivers and Travel Grants. You may apply for an EMBL CPP Registration Fee Waiver and/or Travel Grant when submitting your abstract. Whilst submitting your abstract you will also be asked to complete a field with the name of your lab and the country in which it is based, and to answer some questions to detail your reasons for requesting this fellowship. A statement of support from your budget holding supervisor explaining a) their support for your attendance and b) support provided by the laboratory budget is required to complete the application.
- Registration Fee Waiver: The sum that you have paid to attend the meeting will be reimbursed.
- Travel Grant: Up to €400 for participants travelling from the European continent and up to €1000 for participants travelling from outside Europe (receipts of travel will be submitted to the EMBL Course and Conference Office and the exact sum for travel expenses up to the cap will be reimbursed).
- Jürgen Deka – EMBL Heidelberg, Germany
- Alexander Eggermont – Gustave Roussy, France
- Dirk Jäger – National Center for Tumor Diseases, Germany
- Hans-Reimer Rodewald – German Cancer Research Center, Germany
- Ton Schumacher – Netherlands Cancer Institute, The Netherlands
- Christof von Kalle – National Center for Tumor Diseases, Germany
- Laurence Zitvogel – Gustave Roussy, France
- Klara Gießler – NCT, Germany
- Tim Nürnberger – EMBL Heidelberg, Germany