This year, Max F. Perutz, the Austrian Nobel Prize winner after whom our laboratories are named, would have turned 100. On this occasion, the Max F. Perutz Laboratories (MFPL) of the University of Vienna and the Medical University of Vienna would like to invite you to the symposium “Crossing Frontiers in Life Sciences“ which will take place on September 11 – 12, 2014 in Vienna, Austria.
For the event, we have invited 12 highly renowned scientists, as well as 10 MFPL researchers to talk about structural biology, cell signaling, bioinformatics, RNA biology, and chromosome dynamics. A poster session will give PhDs and Postdocs of MFPL the opportunity to present their research. The talk and poster sessions as well as the conference dinner will be a great chance for scientists to network and exchange their ideas.
- Genevieve Almouzni – Institut Curie, Paris, France
- Manuela Baccarini – MFPL, Vienna
- Dafna Bar-Sagi – NYU Langone Medical Center, New York, USA
- Elena Conti – MPI Munich, Germany
- James Darnell – Rockefeller University, New York, USA
- Kristina Djinovic-Carugo – MFPL, Vienna
- Ingo Ebersberger – Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany
- Anton Gartner – University of Dundee, UK
- Arndt von Haeseler – MFPL, Vienna
- Richard Henderson – LMB Cambridge, UK
- Martin Hetzer – Salk Institute, La Jolla, USA: “How the nuclear envelope controls genome function“
- Heribert Hirt – URGV, Genopole, France: “Plant-Microbe Interactions and beyond: The good, the bad and the ugly“
- Franz Klein – MFPL, Vienna
- Sascha Martens – MFPL, Vienna
- Isabella Moll – MFPL, Vienna
- Kim Nasmyth – University of Oxford, UK
- Michael Rossmann – Purdue University, West Lafayette, USA: “From haemoglobin to the structure of viruses“
- Renee Schroeder – MFPL, Vienna
- Christian Seiser – MFPL, Vienna
- Tom Steitz – Yale University, New Haven, USA
- Alipasha Vaziri – MFPL, Vienna
- Bojan Zagrovic – MFPL, Vienna
Attendance at the symposium is free but limited to 200 people. Places will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis.
Notification of cancelations must be sent via e-mail to email@example.com or fax to +43.1.4277 – 9240.