The International University Global Theatre Experience (IUGTE) is kindly inviting you to participate in the 2014 Edition of the International Conference on “Theatre Between Tradition and Contemporaneity”, held December 19 – 22, 2014 in Marina di Massa, Italy.
“Theatre Between Tradition and Contemporaneity” is the professional conference researching the Bridge between Tradition and Contemporaneity in performing arts. The conference is open to different art genres, techniques and forms — theatre, dance, music, circus, visual and multimedia art:
- Performing arts in the era of constantly evolving technology
- Traditional forms of performing arts constantly reconsidered and reshaped by contemporary practitioners
- How artists and audience perceive “traditional” and “contemporary” today — traditions influencing, enhancing and co-mingling in contemporary performing arts processes, affecting our artistic expression, thinking and images on the stage
- Astonishing phenomena of arts appearing on the intersection of cultures, when the borders of countries become conditional
- Traditions helping artists in the search for the universal “intercultural” language in contemporary performance and artistic expression
- Traditions as inexhaustible source of inspiration for future generations of artists and firm foundation for intercultural dialogue
Aims of the conference
The main tasks of the conference are to demonstrate various methods and techniques in contemporary performing arts inspired and formed in the connection with the world traditional heritage; to exchange experience and ideas in performing arts education and training, rehearsal process, performance making and production, to establish new contacts and to lay the foundation for future networking and collaboration with colleagues from different countries, to promote creative collaboration in multicultural and multilingual artistic environment.
The working language is English.
You are welcome to take part in the Conference as a Presenter/Speaker or a Participant/Observer. The conference is a wonderful opportunity for performers, performing arts educators and teachers to demonstrate their methods and techniques. The programme is forming quickly, the number of slots is limited.
Actors, directors, choreographers, dancers, performing arts educators, teachers, musicians, singers, composers, stage designers, lighting designers, costume designers, painters, mask makers, multimedia artists, scriptwriters, playwrights, press officers, theatre critics, journalists, theatre researchers, producers and arts managers.
The conference is open to performers, performing arts educators, teachers, artists, playwrights, theatre critics, journalists, theatre researchers and arts managers from all over the world interested in the research of traditional methods as applied to contemporary performing arts work This meeting is an opportunity to meet potential collaborators from different countries!
Presentation Formats and Abstracts Submission
The presentation proposal should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and should include the following documents:
- Letter of motivation stating the conference title and dates describing the purpose of application — at least in one sentence
- Detailed CV
- Brief biography — max 100 words
- Title and format of presentation
- Brief overview of presentation — max 250 words
- Head shot and additional photo materials
- practical workshop/master class
- work in progress
- performance fragment not requiring special technical conditions
- other way of demonstration offered by Speaker/Presenter can be considered