The conference is organised by the University of St. Gallen (research area Risk and Wealth) and the Centre for Economic Policy Research (CEPR). It will take place in Hotel Einstein, St. Gallen, Switzerland, located within 50 minutes from Zurich airport, with direct train connection.
The conference aims at bringing together researchers in corporate finance, banking and macroeconomics to explore topics at the intersection of these fields. The focus will be on the impact of banking and financial markets on the real economy with a mix of theory and empirical studies.
The themes listed below are indicative:
- Micro- and macro-prudential regulation of banks and financial markets
- Taxation of banks and financial markets
- Access to external finance, investment and innovation
- Finance, institutional reform and growth
- Financial intermediation and business cycles
- Financial development, international capital flows, and FDI.
Funding / Grants
Funding for travel and accommodation for presenters and discussants will be available subject to CEPR Travel Guidelines.
Jean-Charles Rochet, University of Zürich & CEPR
Thorsten Beck, Martin Brown, Harry Huizinga, Christian Keuschnigg, Marco Pagano and Frank Westermann