You are kindly invited to participate in the 2014 CardioVascular Clinical Trialists Asia Forum (CVCT) which will be held on July 4 – 6, 2014 in Singapore at the Fullerton Hotel Singapore. This event is endorsed by the Singapore Cardiac Society and the Asian Pacific Society of Cardiology.
This intimate gathering of key opinion leaders assembled in the dynamic setting of Singapore creates the right environment for unparalleled levels of scientific exchange and mutual learning. During the scientific sessions, workshops and networking events, participants will brainstorm on current issues in cardiovascular drug, device and biomarker development; and trial design, conduct, ethics, interpretation, approvability and implementation in Asia.
The CVCT Asia Forum follows the successful example of the main CVCT meetings in Paris which annually enjoy large representation from Europe and the US.
- Carolyn Lam – Singapore
- Faiez Zannad – France
- Bertram Pitt – USA
Course Directors Board
- Juliana Chan – Hong Kong
- Mark Chan – Singapore
- Shih-Ann Chen – Taiwan
- Chi Keong Ching – Singapore
- Junbo Ge – China
- Chu-Pak Lau – Hong Kong
- Houng Bang Liew – Malaysia
- Hyo-Soo Kim – Korea
- Seung Jung Park – Korea
- Kausik Ray – UK
- Mark Richards – Singapore
- Naoki Sato – Japan
- Huay Cheem Tan – Singapore
- Shu Zhang – China
Forum Topics /Speeches
- Arrhythmia and anticoagulation trials in Asia: Navigating regulatory requirements and keys to success
- Arrhythmia and Device trials in Asia: Regulator Perspective
- Burden of AF in Asia and local perceptions of rate versus rhythm control
- Catheter ablation in AF: Asian experience
- LAA closure in AF: Asian experience
- Opportunities, barriers and challenges for device therapy in Asia: Industry perspective
- Reassessing stroke prevention strategies: Warfarin, NOACS or device therapies?
Biomarker Personalized Medicine
- Beyond the natriuretic peptides: Which markers should we study next and how?
- Biomarker-guided therapy trials: What have we learned and what is the future?
- BNP and NT-proBNP to guide therapy: Unanswered questions
- Predictive biomarkers. The future of HF personalized medicine
- Statistical cautions re the allure of personalised medicine
- Burden of cardiometabolic disease (DM, obesity, dyslipidemia) in Asia
- Contextualization of guidelines for cardiometabolic diseases: Do we need ethnicity-specific trials in Asia?
- Diabetes and cardiovascular risk: implications of SAVOR-TIMI and EXAMINE for Asia
- Ethnic diversity in cardiovascular risk
- Frontiers and future cardiometabolic and cardiovascular outcome trials in Asia: CRO perspective
- Frontiers and future cardiometabolic trials in Asia: Clinician investigator perspective
- Regulatory issues in Clinical Trials: Differences between European Medicines Agency (EMA) and Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
Heart Failure Drug Trails
- Acute heart failure and hospitalizations in Asia: How registry data can improve trial design
- Diagnosis of HFpEF: Current and future guidelines
- FAIR-HF and FAIR-HFpEF: Iron deficiency in HF
- Frontiers and future trials in HF in Asia: Industry perspective
- Frontiers and future trials in HF in Asia: Regulator perspective
- PARAMOUNT and PARAGON: Lessons learned
- RELAX-HF (Serelaxin in acute HF): Lessons learned
- SHIFT: Lessons learned
- TOPCAT: Lessons learned
Heart Failure Device Trails
- Approval tracks in cardiovascular trials: Perspectives from experience with both European (EMA) and American (FDA) regulators, and applications to Asia
- International CRT guidelines: Examining trial – based evidence and need for revision?
- LBBB and QRS cutoffs in Asians: Need for ethnicity-specific criteria for CRT?
- MADIT-CRT and beyond
- Remote monitoring in HF: Applicability and uptake in Asian health care systems
- Sudden Cardiac Death in Asians and progress in ICD therapy: New algorithms, programming, subcutaneous ICDs
Interventional Cardiology Trails
- Bioabsorbable Polymer Delivery and Bioabsorbable Scaffolds: Asia Pacific experience
- Keys to success for interventional trials in Asia Pacific: CRO perspective
- Neural modulation interventions (renal denervation, vagal modulation, barostimulation): Asia Pacific experience
- Non-blinded and/or non-randomised trials: when can they be trusted?
- Percutaneous valve interventions (TAVR, mitraclip): Asia Pacific experience
- Sleep disordered breathing and cardiovascular disease in Asia
- Trials update: ongoing trials in sleep disordered breathing
- Anticoagulation in Asia: Are Asians are at higher risk of bleeding and do NOACs have an enhanced risk-benefit profile?
- Antiplatelet therapy: Practice patterns and use of newer P2Y12 antagonists across Asia
- Cardiovascular trials in Asia: ARO perspective
- New Anti-thrombotic Agents in PCI: Aptamers and More
- Thrombosis trials in Asia: Industry perspective