The Faculty of Economics and Business Administration within Babes-Bolyai University invites you to attend the Accounting and Audit Convergence 2013 Convention, September 08 — 12, 2013, Cluj Napoca, Transylvania, Romania.
The convention aims to provide an opportunity for accounting scholars from Central and Eastern Europe to present and share their research with other scholars and accounting policy makers throughout the region. The convention comprises a main conference with parallel sessions that include paper presentations, panel discussions on international accounting issues, and keynote presentations.
The convention also includes two important developmental activities, including a doctoral course in advance of the main conference, and a doctoral colloquium, at which selected students will have an opportunity to present their work. The hosted events will be organized in order to enhance discussions on particular topics of interest for the participants. Further details concerning the events being comprised within the convention are to be announced. Special attention will also be given to offering doctoral students and young researchers feedback on their work.
The convention’s plenary sessions will include presentations being delivered by our distinguished keynote speakers:
- Professor Mary E. Barth, Stanford University
- Professor Alfred Wagenhofer, University of Graz
The Convention Features
The AAC 2013 Convention is hosted by the Accounting and Audit Department within the Babes-Bolyai University, Cluj Napoca, Romania. The convention comprises a number of three main events as follows:
- Main Conference (6th AAC Conference, September 11 – 12, 2013),
- Doctoral Course Analytical and Empirical Accounting Research (an introductory course hosted by professors John Christensen and, Wayne Landsman September 08 — 10, 2013), and
- Doctoral Colloquium (3rd TIARD Doctoral Colloquium, September 12, 2013). Participation in the Doctoral Colloquium is limited to students who are selected for the Doctoral Course.
All accepted and presented papers will be included in the Convention proceedings on CD with ISBN. The convention proceedings will be submitted for inclusion within the Conference Proceedings Citation Index of ISI Thomson. The abstract of all papers being comprised within the convention’s program will be posted on the convention’s website.