The Economics Research Unit of the Athens Institute for Education and Research (ATINER) will hold its 9th Annual International Symposium on Economic Theory, Policy and Applications 2014 on 21 – 24 July 2014 in Athens, Greece.
The aim of the conference is to bring together scholars and students of all areas of economics and other related disciplines. Sessions will be organized along the lines of the Journal of Economic Literature Classification Index (Please link to AEA webpage for subtopics):
- A — General Economics and Teaching
- B — History of Economic Thought, Methodology, and Heterodox Approaches
- C — Mathematical and Quantitative Methods
- D — Microeconomics
- E — Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics
- F — International Economics
- G — Financial Economics
- H — Public Economics
- I — Health, Education, and Welfare
- J — Labor and Demographic Economics
- K — Law and Economics
- L — Industrial Organization
- M — Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting
- N — Economic History
- O — Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth
- P — Economic Systems
- Q — Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics
- R — Urban, Rural, and Regional Economics
- Y — Miscellaneous Categories
- Z — Other Special Topics
Please submit a 300-word abstractto Dr. John Roufagalas, Head, Economics Research Unit, ATINER & Professor, Troy University, USA. Please include: Title of Paper, Full Name (s), Current Position, Institutional Affiliation, an email address and at least 3 keywords that best describe the subject of your submission. Decisions are reached within 4 weeks.
If you want to participate without presenting a paper, i.e. organize a mini conference or a panel (session), chair a session, review papers to be included in the conference proceedings or books, contribute to the editing of a book, or any other contribution, please send an email to Dr. Gregory T. Papanikos, President, ATINER.
The registration fee is €300 (euro), covering access to all sessions, two lunches, coffee breaks and conference material. Special arrangements will be made with a local luxury hotel for a limited number of rooms at a special conference rate. In addition, a number of special events will be organized: A Greek night of entertainment with dinner, a special one-day cruise in the Greek islands, an archaeological tour of Athens and a one-day visit to Delphi.